Shift knobs and more shift knobs....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Shift knobs and more shift knobs.... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have any reccomendations for a nice shift knob with a decent weight to it? So far I have gone ...

Red face Shift knobs and more shift knobs....

Anyone have any reccomendations for a nice shift knob with a decent weight to it?

So far I have gone through the stock leather shift knob---felt and looked too cheap, then I switched out to the Subaru/Momo aluminum/leather shift knob---actually loved that one but the damned aluminum on the top surrounding the subaru logo suffered some bad discoloration.... couldnt figure out why---guess it was possibly from the sun/heat..... then I just recieved today the Subaru STI Titanium 5-speed shift knob..... It is ridiculously small---almost like youre just grabbing the short shifter without even having a knob on it at all.... So needless to say I need to replace this one now...... Hardly worth the $120 I paid for it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh---and btw---pics of your suggestions would definitely be a plus

I got the Kartboy Knuckleball shifter. It looks great but it is still pretty small. It is short and squatty, but with the Kartboy short shifter and bushings, it is a dream come true. It is smooth metal and the black one does get hot, but not as hot as chrome for some reason. I wanted this one because it is only 40 bucks and it has the notch thing for the stock shifter boot.

http://www.allwheelengineering.com/b...y_class=KB-015
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Thanks for the feedback---short is fine with me---as long as the diameter isnt too small... thats the thing about the sti piston style knob---its soooo freakin skinny---i couldnt believe anyone would actually use that tiny little thing in their car. the other downside is that I thought it was too tall---the subaru/momo knob was much shorter (which was my preference). I definitely need a knob thats equipped to accomodate the boot though----anyone know much about the TWM shift knobs by chance??

Banned
    Those momo shift nobbs are oh so sexy. I have not been able to track one down yet though.

I have one that is similar to this one. Mine is the solberg edition knob. gets hot in the summer but is very comfy on the hand. I love it.
    http://www.fastwrx.com/sueushkn.html

here is a link to the solberg v-limited one that I have in the car. kinda expensive but I've had it for a couple years now and it's great.
    http://www.subydude.com/osc/product_...352d248dde208c
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

Have you ever heard of WC Lathe Werks?
    Custom shift knobs are the specialty. Check out the CGCI parts on TurnInConcepts.com to find them
    WRB 2004 Rex. COBB Stage2 + Loudness
    "Real drivers do it with three pedals."
    MODS...CARSTER

i have this shift knob

http://www.fastwrx.com/grcoshkn.html

very heavy and i love it

hello, im new here; first post woot. =)

but yeah I have a TWM Type R shift knob left over from my old civic, and do you guys think its a good one for my new impreza?

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftkn...hiftknobs.html

I have the gun blue finish.
    Last edited by dhL17; 07-23-2007 at 12:02 AM.

^^ do it, I think the Honda "egg" shape shift knobs are the most comfortable for gripping. I have a T1R knob in my WRX and I think it might be my favorite one I've run so far (and I've run a lot).
    03 WRB WRX

shift knob

do i just twist it counterclockwise to get the stock one off or what cuz i dont want to break it or anything

does anyone know of a shift knob that has the following characteristics:

a. attaches via allen screws
    b. has the lip at the bottom to attach to the shift boot
    c. preferrably leather

i purchased a used WRX a while back which I thought was stock, but appears to have an aftermarket short shifter in it. The diameter of the lever is larger than the stock WRX lever, and will not hold the WRX standard sized threaded knobs.

i dont like the tacky look of seeing lever below the knob but above the boot.

thanks,

stu

Quote Originally Posted by mike_stuewe View Post
    does anyone know of a shift knob that has the following characteristics:

a. attaches via allen screws
    b. has the lip at the bottom to attach to the shift boot
    c. preferrably leather

i purchased a used WRX a while back which I thought was stock, but appears to have an aftermarket short shifter in it. The diameter of the lever is larger than the stock WRX lever, and will not hold the WRX standard sized threaded knobs.

i dont like the tacky look of seeing lever below the knob but above the boot.

thanks,

stu

Subarus use threaded knobs that screw on. Many Momo knobs come with Allen screw tightening attachments...but generally any knob made specifically for a WRX, will have the cuff to hold the boot. Look at some of the links above in this thread...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Those momo shift nobbs are oh so sexy. I have not been able to track one down yet though.
    In mine:

http://www.premiersubaruparts.com/PD...aspx?MakeID=30

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Subarus use threaded knobs that screw on. Many Momo knobs come with Allen screw tightening attachments...but generally any knob made specifically for a WRX, will have the cuff to hold the boot. Look at some of the links above in this thread...
    Per my original post, I have an aftermarket shift lever that is a different size from OEM. So I can't buy something WRX specific with a lip on it.

I did read in another thread about how you can take the bottom cover off many Momo knobs to pull the boot up and wrap around. I'm going to give that a whirl and see how well it looks/sits on the knob.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast