Which gauges would you buy?

View Poll Results: Which gauges would you buy?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omori

3 18.75%
  • GReddy

4 25.00%
  • Defi

8 50.00%
  • Other

1 6.25%

This is a discussion on Which gauges would you buy? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What brand of gauges are you running? Alternately, if you don't like the gauges you have and could do it ...

Which gauges would you buy?

What brand of gauges are you running? Alternately, if you don't like the gauges you have and could do it all over again, what brand of gauges would you choose?
    Last edited by jbhebert; 01-15-2003 at 12:10 PM.
    J.B. Hebert
    www.WRXtra.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Buy Autometer Sport Comp gauges.

The color scheme is great for the WRX, but more importantly they work as well as any gauge out there, and cost half as much. Anyone who says they're unreliable and poor quality didn't install them right. NASCAR uses them, the Easy Street WRX uses them, you can use them. The main thing you get with Greddy or Defi or Blitz is a nicer design. That's really it.

I love my sport-comps and would highly reccomend them. For $300 you've got a full gauge set up that will last. Can't beat that.

Michael-

I have boost, a/f and egt from Autometer in an Autometer triple pillar pod. They work great - are inexpensive and easy to read. That said - I would love to have the same gauges from Greddy - I think that the Greddy white face gauges are the best looking.

It is unlikely that I will get them because I cannot justify $600 for a set of gauges that do exactly what my current ones do!!

Cheers,

Andrew

I Support ClubWRX
    Supposedly, Omori is getting out of the US market. Their own web page shows US versions as not available, nobody has any in stock, and kastlecorner.com notes he heard they are giving up on US and has none in stock. He calles them No-mori.

Too bad, as I wanted to get the 52mm Omori boost gauge with the yellow needle and green backlight to match the stock gauges.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

This is correct. I emailed Omori the other day and they informed me that the only way I could get US gauges is by custom ordering them. Then I could get anything I wanted, but I'd need to buy 50 of each gauge. That might be feasible down the road, but not right now. Right now I'm leaning towards the Defi-Gauge series which does not require the computer. They're still very nice gauges, with a considerable cost savings. Of course, I'll still offer the AutoMeters for the value-minded individual.
    J.B. Hebert
    www.WRXtra.com

I currently have the Autometer sport comp boost guage on my steering column. At first I didn't care, but now that needle and all that silver is getting to me.

I plan on getting simple black faced and black bezeled Vdo gauges (EGT, oil pressure/temp). The numbers light up like stock (not back-lit like the autometers), and generally look more stock. They have a good reputation in terms of quality and I like thier needle (not swinging around like a compass). And they are the same price or a bit cheaper than Autometer.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Apex EL2 system..boost and egt.

I think the Autometer "Cobalt" series guages are the best looking out right now.