sti cluster in 02wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on sti cluster in 02wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i've done a little reading and found a few posts, but nothing with real good info background. does the 04 ...

sti cluster in 02wrx

i've done a little reading and found a few posts, but nothing with real good info background.

does the 04 or 05 sti cluster fit into 02wrx's, or does it need heavy mod?

and can anyone confirm that the 02-03 wrx sti cluster NEEDLE lights up RED but the numbers light up GREEN? (lame)

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ezzzey View Post
    and can anyone confirm that the 02-03 wrx sti cluster NEEDLE lights up RED but the numbers light up GREEN? (lame)
    The answer to that one is pretty simple. There is no bugeye STi.
    Bugeye Mafia #130

'03 SRP WRX sedan. Engine mods - SPT intake, Perrin sport tone catback, stage 1 tune. Suspension mods - lots, excluding only the springs, struts, and tophats. Plans - dont screw this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by RossLH View Post
    The answer to that one is pretty simple. There is no bugeye STi.
    Correction, there is no USDM bugeye STi. There most certainly was a bugeye STi overseas.

And from what I can see in this image, it looks like a yellow needle, and more than likely green numbers, but they aren't lit up so you can't tell.

Pictures from http://www.supercarsite.net/subaru/impreza-wrx-sti/2002
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

STi cluster is essentially identical to a WRX as far as color scheme goes for the 02/03 models. The difference is the shift light, STi logo, and different rev limit.

The 04/05 cluster from a US STi does fit in and can work just as a plug and play, but I believe that the DCCD light stays in a weird mode and that one or more functions may not work as they should....there is something easy you can do to fix it, I just can't remember what...maybe try Nasioc?

I Support ClubWRX
    That pic shows the difference to me of the tach being better because it is heads up (center of cluster) and the speedo being to the right.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    That pic shows the difference to me of the tach being better because it is heads up (center of cluster) and the speedo being to the right.
    well, i thought that was the main reason to buy it, but that shift light beeper does wonders... and i never have to look at the tach. (its been a while since i drove an STI, but i don't recall it being as audible as mine)

bugeye STi ones are all plug and play, except you wont have the temperature reading unless you hook that up somehow. (i dunno how, dont care)

04+ I thought you had to modify it somehow... and you'd lose some of the functions. I dunno, I just stopped reading when I heard it wasn't plug and play... found one that was instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02 View Post
    Correction, there is no USDM bugeye STi. There most certainly was a bugeye STi overseas.
    Indeed, I was just speaking of USDM. You are correct.
    Bugeye Mafia #130

'03 SRP WRX sedan. Engine mods - SPT intake, Perrin sport tone catback, stage 1 tune. Suspension mods - lots, excluding only the springs, struts, and tophats. Plans - dont screw this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    well, i thought that was the main reason to buy it, but that shift light beeper does wonders... and i never have to look at the tach. (its been a while since i drove an STI, but i don't recall it being as audible as mine)

bugeye STi ones are all plug and play, except you wont have the temperature reading unless you hook that up somehow. (i dunno how, dont care)

04+ I thought you had to modify it somehow... and you'd lose some of the functions. I dunno, I just stopped reading when I heard it wasn't plug and play... found one that was instead.

What did you do about the speedo being in KM/H instead of MPH?
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02 View Post
    What did you do about the speedo being in KM/H instead of MPH?

KPH----MPH
    30-------19
    50-------31
    60-------37
    80-------50
    100-----62
    120-----75

KPH----MPH
    30-------19
    50-------31
    60-------37
    80-------50
    100-----62
    120-----75

Nice! Isn't it possible though, to get the gauge face that has MPH on it and just stick it in there? Going between the 2 doesn't change the needle any, does it? It points to the same place whether it's 80kph or 50 mph, the difference is just the number behind it.
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

umm i dunno... i guess it should point in the same spot. i suppose you could pull apart the assembly and put your stock MPH gauge there or even get some nice APC ones to put in there.

KPH----MPH
    30-------19
    50-------31
    60-------37
    80-------50
    100-----62
    120-----75

wow that would be fun to always be thinking about
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

well i did some searching and i found a nice plug and play converter to show kph as mph for those of you who care... http://www.iaperformance.com/product...oducts_id=2241

well i did some searching and i found a nice plug and play converter to show kph as mph for those of you who care... http://www.iaperformance.com/product...oducts_id=2241
    alot better
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

What does that do? Make your kph speedo show mph instead?
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.