Stock Boost Gauge

This is a discussion on Stock Boost Gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The stock boost gauge from subaru came with my 07 wrx...its kinda confusing on how to read it...anyone know what ...

Stock Boost Gauge

The stock boost gauge from subaru came with my 07 wrx...its kinda confusing on how to read it...anyone know what its measurement is....is it in bar???? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not in PSI.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PLSubaru98 View Post
    The stock boost gauge from subaru came with my 07 wrx...its kinda confusing on how to read it...anyone know what its measurement is....is it in bar????
    Doesn't it say on the face what the units are? The Pa is an SI unit (1 newton per square meter) but bar is not, so using hPa brings the numerical value to the equivalent of mbar. This means you're reading mbar when you're reading hPa.

You can convert either to PSI but I don't and I won't bore you with it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Its in some stupid unit measurement which is why i tell everyone not to get it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    Its in some stupid unit measurement which is why i tell everyone not to get it.
    Rather then just learning what the conversion is.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    Its in some stupid unit measurement...
    The Pa is an SI unit. By definition, it's a standard unit.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

to the OP:

The pressure unit that the stock boost gauge is in is mega pascals. (MPa)

.1 MPa= 14.5 Psi

You're welcome, the end.

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the Club!

The stock boost gauges, on both of my WRX & STi, measures in MPa. "MPa" is Megapascals (The pascal unit is named after Blaise Pascal, the eminent French mathematician, physicist, and philosopher noted for his experiments with a barometer. The name pascal was adopted for the SI unit newton per square metre by the 14th CGPM in 1971.)

The conversion of Mpa into psi is basically: .10 MPa = 14.5 psi (Actually it's more like 14.503770000000001 psi, but 14.5 is close enough.). Or you could always just go to one of the many conversion calculators on the web like this one.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC