Clock?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clock? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed the MY99 guage pack with compass,etc. Obviously, the clock is no longer on the dash- anyone have any ...

Clock?

I installed the MY99 guage pack with compass,etc. Obviously, the clock is no longer on the dash- anyone have any interesting places they have put the clock? I've seen it put in the ashtray and the little changeholder, but are there any alternatives anyone's come up with that are still easy to see from the driver's seat?

Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Limehatless Avatar - I'm a trend scoffer.
    I'm going to get a Defi Sports VSD.

It's a multi-use HUD that'll display speed, tach, and time as well as a few other things. It'll be wicked I'm sure.

$230 though, so it's a little spendy but HUDs rock.

Vostok 7
    BUGEYE 4 LYFE! Or uh maybe not

RIP Team Intrinsic Viva la Project 1! http://www.prjct1.com/

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 4EAT Aspen White "Akane"
    Mod List, Picts

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan Aspen White "Akane II"

Linkage please?

well if u feel like fabricating u can mount it somewhere on the steering column. If you have a radar detector hardwired u can coem u with a custom houseing that holds both. Possibly on the top of the gauge pod with guess what? a custom box. Not sure on the opening of the "dummy" cupholder. You could try there if u don't have a TT there already. That's all i can think of right now.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I tried in the cupholder- no good- the clock is too big, heightwise, plus I'm one of the few who think the cupholder is pretty cool and useful. I like the idea of a custom pod, but I really like the pod that's on the dash now. I'll probably make a spot for it in the ashtray- I just thought that before I did, maybe someone had a really cool idea that I hadn't thought of.

Haven't really thought about it before, but what about on the rearview mirror? You could affix it to the top (again we're getting custom stuff), but it might work - don't know how big it actually is. Assuming you have the compass mirror, the wiring should be there (or at least have a "track" to run to another power source.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Originally posted by jedimaster
    Linkage please?
    lol sorry about that, usually I'm pretty good about things like that.

http://www.ilpperformance.com/defihud.html

It's the Sports VSD.

I thought about trying to fit it into the spot beside the cupholder. But I think it'd take major fnageling. (if that's a word lol)

Vostok 7

Mod List, Picts

Thanks Vostok- I don't think it's for me- I don't like the look of some random object sitting on my dash- I had a HUD in my last car from the factory and it looked factory- that's what I'm shooting for.

PS: Ever hook up your speed sensor to the pack? It's been too f'ing cold around here lately to tinker with my car.

Jim

Yeah, I know what you mean. Still, I think it's cool. You could probably figure out a way to sink it into the dash if you really worked at it. Just cut a hole in the dash the size of the screen and make a bracket. But that's alot of work lol.

Haven't had a chance to mess with the speed wire yet. Been too busy.

Vostok 7

Mod List, Picts

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.