Prosport oil gauge

This is a discussion on Prosport oil gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My friend told me he was strolling the boards and noticed that some people had issues with the wiring of ...

Prosport oil gauge

My friend told me he was strolling the boards and noticed that some people had issues with the wiring of the prosport gauges. I have the oil pressure one and its wired appropritely but still reads 100 psi. Anyone got any idea links or thoughts.
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it mechanical or electronic? Which plug/port did you install the sender?

My prosport oil pressure guage works well. Mine stays at 100psi until the car is warm, then 80-90 under power and 30-40 idle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithoss View Post
    Is it mechanical or electronic? Which plug/port did you install the sender?

My prosport oil pressure guage works well. Mine stays at 100psi until the car is warm, then 80-90 under power and 30-40 idle.
    Its the electric one. It was installed on an mr2 so I dunno what you call the port where it was installed. I'm assuming it was done on a usable port for his car. I remember reading somewhere that someone had the same problem and it was the way they did the wiring. I dunno how he did it, but if you explain how you did it I'll tell him and see if thats the problem
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

If it stays on 100 that probably means that there's no 'signal' coming from the sender because resistance is infinity.
    Make sure that the sender is grounded well. If you have to, run a wire from the ground of the sender to your negative battery terminal.