keyless entry/factory alarm?? help!

This is a discussion on keyless entry/factory alarm?? help! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my04 just got it few months ago.. key fob lights up...no security light tests on startup. pretty sure it has ...

keyless entry/factory alarm?? help!

my04 just got it few months ago.. key fob lights up...no security light tests on startup. pretty sure it has the upgraded system because of compass rvm, but no module under center counsel. the plug is there but no module. is there another module somewhere? i think previous owner had aftermarket alarm cuz there is siren under hood with wires clipped. anyways just want to get factory alarm and keyless entry working again. have no idea where to start! anyone have any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

TTT anyone??

someones gotta know something about this..i searched but cant find any solid answers what it could be...i know the module is missing under the center council...think that could be the problem?

I Support ClubWRX
    The rear view mirror has nothing to do with it.

I installed the upgraded security system on my car... it was a 15 minute job, and only because I couldn't find the damned plug for it.

if you remove the lower right dash/glove box, it'll be easier... just be careful because the light is attached to the glove box... so you don't want to yank the cords out. I just left the glove box sitting on my floor so I didn't mess the clips up trying to remove the light.

There is a black box towards the driver's side with a cable plugged into it. it's mounted underneath the a/c ducting slightly forward. If it is not there... there should be a cable bent in half and covered with a black sleeve and electrical tape.. That's how you know if it's the factory upgraded one. If you decide you want to install your own factory upgraded alarm, you must remove this plastic sleeve to install (I refused to believe that this was the correct cable because the instructions from Subaru neglected to mention this... that's what took me so long)

When I activated the alarm system... subaru had to use a monitor plugged into the OBDII port to change it. The first step IMO should be for you to take it in and ask if they can really quickly scan to see if your security system is active. If you're nice, and they've got a cool guy in service.. they might do it for free... it's 3 minutes out of their life. They did it for me.

Good luck!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

well there is a plug under center council by ebrake where soposodly the upgraded module is..thats what i read somewhere on here...i think it was the same thread that said if u had compass in rear view then security was upgraded from factory...idk either way like u said prob just go to dealer and see if they can give me 3 mins of theyre oh so busy lives..haha