Cigarette Lighter Fuse

This is a discussion on Cigarette Lighter Fuse within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; where is it? I installed the jazzy board on my 06 WRX SW, a while ago, but yesterday the IPod ...

Cigarette Lighter Fuse

where is it?
    I installed the jazzy board on my 06 WRX SW, a while ago, but yesterday the IPod charger stopped working after I removed the cigarette lighter plug that was powering my Sirius radio.

I have the IPod charger connected to the lighter cables but the IPod is not charging anymore, so my guess is I blown the Cig Lighter socket fuse...but the fuse is not in the engine fuse box. Any idea where the little bastard is?

thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not positive if it's there or not, but there is the cabin fuse box located behind and to the left of the steering wheel, behind the coin tray. Page 11-41 of the '06 Impreza Manual shows you how to open it up. On the box itself is a diagram of all the fuses. Spares are in the top of the engine bay fuse box. I recently hardwired a radar detector into my 12V socket, and I do not remember seeing an inline fuse on it. Hope that helps!

EDIT: just saw it while looking more in the manual, on pg. 12-6. The cigarette lighter fuse is indeed in the box behind the coin tray, its fuse #4, a 20amp fuse, one of which should be in the engine bay fuse box cover.
    Last edited by kwehfweh; 05-11-2007 at 04:38 PM.
    --03 RSX Type S - SOLD!

--06 STi

--1976ish Beechcraft T-34C Mentor

Oook. Let me check....

Yep It's there, weird that the #4 fuse should protect also the rear windows that are working fine...
    I'll check better from home...

Thanks! I should have checked the manual first.
    Last edited by BlueBlurr; 05-11-2007 at 04:53 PM.