stock stereo play homemade cd's?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on stock stereo play homemade cd's? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone tried to play homemade music cd's on the stock cd player? I know some factory stereo's choke on ...

stock stereo play homemade cd's?

Has anyone tried to play homemade music cd's on the stock cd player? I know some factory stereo's choke on em. (I don't have my WRX yet). Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the manual says that u can play SOME cd-r's and no cd-rw. i have a cd-r that plays. But i have yet to make anymore cds
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I have over 100 cd-r's in my cd case I keep in my car, and I have never had a problem playing any of them. This is not to say there aren't exceptions, but I haven't come across any. So I think your chances are pretty good that nothing bad will happen.

I have used many different brands of cdr-s in my player, never had a problem with them.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

I pretty much only use CD-Rs in my stereo (that way if something happens and they get stuck I dont mind loosing them) and they always play. In fact they all play in mine fine but some do not in my g/f system, she has an old alpine.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

our stereo can't play mp3 can it. i dont want to go outside and look, it's cold out.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Nope mp3 cd's won't work
    2oo2 WRX Sdn
    'less is more'

Wow - thanks for all the feedback. I guess there's no worries with the stereo. Cool.

Originally posted by GTiOne
    Nope mp3 cd's won't work
    ya i figured. No big deal. Little conversion from mp3 and i'm alllllllllll set.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

mine has played a lot of diff brands of CD-Rs with no problem. even the garbage cheapo ones.

dR

I make almost all my CD's and have never had a problem- some of the burns are even MP3- they sound crappy, but that's MP3- I usually convert them first.

I burned a few songs on a CD-RW and it plays in the 6 disc changer. Takes a couple tries to get it to play, but it eventually works.

Hey dog, You get my email about the aspen white WRX at west Herr for sale on the floor with $3000 of sticker/ Haven't heard back from you.

Anyway, I have had a problem with the factory stereo playing cdr's. The car was about 3 months old and I was switching between CD's and something must've jammed because it stopped working. Wouldn't play, switch, eject, eject all.....nothing. So I went in and under warranty had it replaced. I noticed on the invoice it stated under labor "ejected HOMADE CD's". But no one said anything to me about it and I haven't had a problem with the new one at all. I just wish it would shuffle between all cd's and repeat a whole cd and not just the one song.

i burn all my cds from MP3 files ( yeah i know , the sound and all) but i have NEVER had a problem with any one of them........
    DML

Just be careful with high speed burns.

Burns past 12x speed are more likely to have problems, so if a mix isn't liked by the unit, try burning it slower. Overburn can cause issues too. . .

but by far the worst is slow speed rated media burned at high speed.

i got that buslink 48x burn. its sweet to crush an 80min burn in 2 minutes. ;p

but beware. they have a tendancy to physically break down and become unstable. I've had discs often lose parity, lose TOC, and even come apart inside the press from burning them at 48x, and then playing them.

also, some cd players don't like pause headers before the track very much for some reason. . >Delco stereos i've noted . ..

{edited for actual English}
    Last edited by Kanchou; 01-18-2003 at 12:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast