Retained Accessory Power for windows
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Retained Accessory Power for windows within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I kinda want my windows to work after I shut the key off, but only till I open the driver's ...

Retained Accessory Power for windows

I kinda want my windows to work after I shut the key off, but only till I open the driver's door, so I looked around and made this:

it's just a relay wired to hold power until the ground through the driver's door is opened. power for the relay comes from the same ignition switch fuse until the key is off, then it gets pulled from the fuse that holds the circuit breaker and main power to all windows. the relay pulls about half an amp so that's no big deal, the windows still get power through the same fuse, and the 1 amp diode is there to keep power from flowing back into the accessory circuit after the key is off. I'm just wondering what you guys think...
    Last edited by 68sprintb; 04-29-2007 at 02:08 PM.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's a pretty good idea, and that would be nice to have
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Interesting. Are you an EE or electrician?

Do you have a stock wiring diagram for the window circuit? Or, maybe just show on the drawing which wires/components you are adding? I can figure most of it out, but non-EE's (etc) might have trouble.

Just checking your drawing, are the window motors controlled directly by the switches? Or do the switches operate relays for the motors? What else grounds back to 1B30?

Looks good.
    Last edited by Lithoss; 04-29-2007 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithoss View Post
    Interesting. Are you an EE or electrician?
    EE i guess, though not officially so as I'm still in schooling...

Do you have a stock wiring diagram for the window circuit? Or, maybe just show on the drawing which wires/components you are adding? I can figure most of it out, but non-EE's (etc) might have trouble.
    most of that is the stock wiring diagram, the only parts I've added are the relay and associated wires. i'll add on labels for ease

Just checking your drawing, are the window motors controlled directly by the switches? Or do the switches operate relays for the motors? What else grounds back to 1B30?
    the window motors are controlled directly by the switches, that's the part I left off cuz I didn't want to mess with that & I'm only changing how the switches get power. the actual function for each window stays the same. that connector goes only to the master window switch on the driver's side, left off cuz I don't wanna mess with that.

Looks good.
    thanks
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 68sprintb View Post
    EE i guess, though not officially so as I'm still in schooling...

most of that is the stock wiring diagram, the only parts I've added are the relay and associated wires. i'll add on labels for ease

the window motors are controlled directly by the switches, that's the part I left off cuz I didn't want to mess with that & I'm only changing how the switches get power. the actual function for each window stays the same. that connector goes only to the master window switch on the driver's side, left off cuz I don't wanna mess with that.

thanks
    Okay, yeah just figuring it out to double check for you. You added the 87A relay, correct? Because the only 'relay' shown on the drawing is the power window relay, which looks like its stock.
    I'm an EE @ Cessna aircraft

a double check was exactly what i was lookin for i updated the pic to include more info to the added circuits... the second relay is just a standard bosch relay, i may use something smaller since i don't need the bosch's 30 amp capacity.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.