New stereo system...

This is a discussion on New stereo system... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My wife's birthday present to me this year was a stereo for my car, and since it's my 30th this ...

New stereo system...

My wife's birthday present to me this year was a stereo for my car, and since it's my 30th this year I decided to treat myself.

I already have a very nice head unit from the previous owner, a Pioneer Premier, so no need to do anything there. I was just going to get some speakers but I decided to do a little more than I originally planned. My new setup will have a Alpine F450 amp (4 x 70 watts RMS) with Alpine R series component speakers (2-100 watts RMS/300 max) up front. The speakers were a floor model that comes with a full warranty and they gave them to me for $150 including creating spacers for them. They retail for $250 so that's a steal. The amp retails for $300 but they gave it to me for $200. Installation of everything is another $200 including wiring, so that's just over $600 total including tax. There's no rear speakers since I ran out of funds, but Christmas is right around the corner and I can live without rear speakers for now since the rest of the system should be awesome.

I was going to install everything myself, but once I decided to get an amp that went out the window. I could replace a clutch easier than installing a stereo! Installation happens tomorrow so I'm really looking forward to how this will sound!
    Last edited by teflon_jones; 04-25-2007 at 05:09 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ooh! I've been looking into getting a new sound setup, so be sure to keep us posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!