hate my STI Stock Audio System - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on hate my STI Stock Audio System within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by tayhadar1 Reciever radio should go first, trust me and 06wrx4me. I changed my stock unit to an ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    Reciever radio should go first, trust me and 06wrx4me. I changed my stock unit to an alpine(ipod fullspeed ftw!) and the sound difference was night and day. The amp in the stock unit is absolutely the biggest piece of junk ever. You will be pleasantly happy.

If you do speakers first with stock hu you will not notice a very good improvement in sound at all IMHO. The stock deck does not have the wattage to power better speakers

Check this out:

Alpine CDA-9857 W/ Ipod full speed

Same setup i did

Nice !!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    IMO the stock setup in every Impreza I've been in is so bad that you really need to replace the HU, front speakers, and sub. Still using the stock sub in my wagon. It sucks really badly.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    IMO the stock setup in every Impreza I've been in is so bad that you really need to replace the HU, front speakers, and sub. Still using the stock sub in my wagon. It sucks really badly.
    ok, so now I need to find a place that will give me a deal on all three then...... hymmmm

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_C6 View Post
    ok, so now I need to find a place that will give me a deal on all three then...... hymmmm
    Every component I've bought for both of my WRX's came from eBay. On my wagon I have a Kenwood double-din receiver and Polk Audio db650 fronts.

God help me, but I should have taken the system out of my old WRX before selling it. It was a MUCH better setup.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Banned
    Every component I've bought for both of my WRX's came from eBay. On my wagon I have a Kenwood double-din receiver and Polk Audio db650 fronts.

God help me, but I should have taken the system out of my old WRX before selling it. It was a MUCH better setup.
    I love ebay for some tuff but for this I would rather go to a good local shop and get a total setup, I just don't want to blow $1000 bucks though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_C6 View Post
    I love ebay for some tuff but for this I would rather go to a good local shop and get a total setup, I just don't want to blow $1000 bucks though.
    I take pleasure in researching components, finding the best deal, and doing my own install, but I know that that's not for everyone.

Good luck with your project.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I take pleasure in researching components, finding the best deal, and doing my own install, but I know that that's not for everyone.

Good luck with your project.
    +1

The head unit and speakers are relatively easy. I try to find good deals from crutchfield. I know they are not the cheapest but they give you everything you need

The amp on the other hand(if you are doing a sub) is a little more difficult but not really hard.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Banned
    Stock:

120-watt 6-speaker premium audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3/WMA capability

So when it says 50*4 this means the aftermarket amp is 200 right?

if it is 50watts by 4 rms, then yes it is a 200watt rms amp. RMS is best to go by(constant watts), don't look at peak as much
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12