Dynamat on my floors

This is a discussion on Dynamat on my floors within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; As we all know we drive turbocharged pepsi cans. Road noise and vibrations were driving me nuts so I had ...

Dynamat on my floors

As we all know we drive turbocharged pepsi cans. Road noise and vibrations were driving me nuts so I had dynamat put down on the entire floor of the car. They took out all my interior and placed it down on the entire floor. The car is much more quiter on the freeway. I still hear my turbo and boxer rummble. The car actually "feels" more solid. When going over bumps and rough roads, it doesn't feel like the car is going to fall apart. I know its extra weight, but i think its worth it if you live in an area where most of your freeways are concrete. After i installed my springs, the ride was very rough and jarring. Its werid, the car even feels smoother even though no suspension work was done. Overall i'm very happy. If you don't mind a little extra weight. I highly recomend have it done. I would have done it myself but i just don't have the time and its just tedious and time consuming work.

Next step is to have the doors dynamated. I'll put it in when i replace my speakers, after that the trunk when i get my JL w6 with stealth box.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice. How much weight did it add?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I'm guessing around 30lb's, which is on the lowest part of the car so its really not that bad.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    I'm guessing around 30lb's, which is on the lowest part of the car so its really not that bad.
    Yeah, that's not too bad. Even 50lbs. (including doors, etc.) would be worth it for a daily driver, IMO.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Where did you have this done? At a car audio installer? Also, what kind of price does this run?

I did this myself a couple of weeks ago, it's not that hard if you have the time. It took me about six hours in the driveway, but you could do it faster if you have more experience taking apart the WRX interior than I do. I spent a ton of time looking for and being careful with interior trim clips. It really does make a huge difference, although mine was probably more like 40 lbs. I also put down some Ensolite closed cell foam, which is supposed to add a lot of sound proofing on top of the dampening properties of the dynamat.
    Two cars... Three turbos!

I have done the whole floor, all 4 doors and the whole trunk. Another thing that helps is to buy some water proof foam (like what they put in life jackets) and stuff it in behind the interior panels around the rear wheel wells. Doesn't cost much and will cut a lot of road noise.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

i have started working on my floors. so far ive only got under the back seat done. but have all the carpet out and the material ready to go in. im not using dynamat b/c it is super heavy material and im not looking for absolute silence, just vibration and noise improvement
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX

2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX