speaker size?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on speaker size? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I searched for this but couldn't find the info. What speaker size do I use in the front and rear ...

speaker size?

I searched for this but couldn't find the info. What speaker size do I use in the front and rear of an '04 STI?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I searched for this but couldn't find the info. What speaker size do I use in the front and rear of an '04 STI?

Thanks in advance!
    I have an 06 and the front is 6.5 and the rear is 4in. But i dont know if they are the same as the 04. did u try crutchfield they will tell you what fits.

I tried Crutchfield and they don't list an STI, only a WRX. It says 5.25 front/4 rear. I went to Tweeter last week and they said it had 6.5" all the way around according to their system. I wanted to order the speakers online to save some $$$ but I want to make sure I get the right size!

I tried Crutchfield and they don't list an STI, only a WRX. It says 5.25 front/4 rear. I went to Tweeter last week and they said it had 6.5" all the way around according to their system. I wanted to order the speakers online to save some $$$ but I want to make sure I get the right size!
    You gonna isntall them yourself... if yes then just open her up and take a look
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainFrame View Post
    You gonna isntall them yourself... if yes then just open her up and take a look
    How do you measure? I've never installed speakers before. That would mean I'd have to take apart the door twice too, once to measure, and once to install them. Easier to ask people who already know.

How do you measure? I've never installed speakers before. That would mean I'd have to take apart the door twice too, once to measure, and once to install them. Easier to ask people who already know.
    Trust me its preety easy to tell there size by looking at them. 1" diffrence in speaker size it alot more noticalbe then it sounds.

And im with you on the easier part but i was just giving you an ooption cause your not gettin alot of replys with numbers
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

This company called Innovative Automotive has a kit for the 2004 (which I bought) that makes it waaaaay easier to install aftermarket speakers. Here's the link:

http://www.iaperformance.com/product...roducts_id=247

The fronts are 6.5" and the rears are 5.25". If you get the kit, it comes with everything you need to mount any kind of aftermarket speakers in there. Hope this helps!

--Ioeth
    2004 STi, World Rally Blue, ~325 hp
    1995 Mustang GT, Dark Tourmaline Green, ~650 hp, currently broken

6 1/2" in the front and 4" fill for a little fill here. The thing you have to watch for is front speaker depth. There isn't much.

That kit sounds like the cat's pajamas. Well worth it compared to the work I did back in the summer of 2003.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

I needed spacers with my front speakers. You pretty much will need them with 98% of all aftermarket speakers.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Well I had spacers put in with the new speakers but the woofers are hitting the doors. The only solution I can think of is to cut a hole in the door panel and put on the speaker covers. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ioeth View Post
    This company called Innovative Automotive has a kit for the 2004 (which I bought) that makes it waaaaay easier to install aftermarket speakers. Here's the link:

http://www.iaperformance.com/product...roducts_id=247

The fronts are 6.5" and the rears are 5.25". If you get the kit, it comes with everything you need to mount any kind of aftermarket speakers in there. Hope this helps!

--Ioeth
    +1 for these. They are great. They have a compatability chart on their site too. I also sawzalled the rear deck and put in 5.25" Infinity Kappas. Some midbass speakers would be good in the reardeck with the whole trunk to resonate.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

That kit I posted about includes door panel spacers so that the door is farther away from the speaker. This helps to prevent the woofer from hitting the inside of the panel so no annoying rattles! You can also trim the ring inside of the door panel which will help as well.

--Ioeth
    2004 STi, World Rally Blue, ~325 hp
    1995 Mustang GT, Dark Tourmaline Green, ~650 hp, currently broken

ok so this kit says its for the sti, well i have an 04 regular wrx. what kit do i need??? what size speakers can i fit in my car???

The 2004 STi did not come with speakers installed. A kit for the STi would have those extra stock brackets and mounts. If your WRX has stock speakers you will have those extra bits. The doors are the same.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

are you serious! no speakers thats insane!

so what size speakers are guys using for the 2004 wrx's??? and are people buying brackets or anything???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast