speaker size? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on speaker size? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just a blank panel where the radio would go too. Just the road noise to keep you company... Most people ...

Just a blank panel where the radio would go too. Just the road noise to keep you company...

Most people go with 6.5" speakers in the front. As said depth is a real concern as the window intrudes into the space. The kit provides a spacer to keep the glass and the speaker magnet from occupying the same space at the same time. (Don't get greedy though.) If you go with components and need a tweeter speaker brackets, that kit in the link has them. The factory upgrade would have them already. You would still have to fab a simple bracket for the crossover, but there is a nifty space inside the arm rest.

In the rear some claim you can run 6.5", 5.25" definitely fit and 4" is stock.

I went with components up front and 4" in the rear for fill. I can't recommend anything in particular because I did my install back in 2003.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well all this info has definetly been great. i am going to buy the kit just in case i am sure it will end up saving me money on the install in the long run. as for speakers i am still hopin to go with 6.5 in the front and as big as the door will let me in the back. the rears i guess i will just have to play it by ear when i go to do the install.

how do the 4" sound in the back??? i am guessing u have you speakers amplified also???

Just a 22 watt rms x 4 head and 92 dB/W speakers up front. The 4" rears sound just fine. I like a front stage and the rear's are just for fill.

Good luck.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

yeah i have a really nice ecplise amp from my civic that i traded in to get the wrx. i am really looking forward to getting my stereo in. will keep you guys posted.

if your have some experience and some balls you can put 6 1/5" in the front and rear i made an adapter out of mdf for the front polk component speakers and used a sharpie, stencil, metal shears, and a steady hand to cut out some metal for the rear doors to squeeze in 2-way polks. the sound is amazing! i also made a custom fiberglass box for a mtx 8" that takes place of that little storage area right behind the seat of the wagon. dont be discouraged it was my first time doing fiber glass and it was a breeze same with the rear doors.

well i plan on buying the speaker adapter kit from iap. i am ok with using great 6.5 speakers in the front and something not as great in the rear.

everyone just check out IA performance. they are awesome. steve there knows everything there is to know about all Imprezas. i like ia so much i bought his built version 8 heads off him too lol

Took forever but I found an STi with out a stereo.

http://images.autotrader.com/images/..._A.561x421.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.