Pure Navigation!

This is a discussion on Pure Navigation! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I do a lot of traveling and want an indash navigation and stll dk about pioneer, eclipse, or alpine... I ...

Banned

Pure Navigation!

I do a lot of traveling and want an indash navigation and stll dk about pioneer, eclipse, or alpine... I know that garmin is the best protable but i want to know what indash company has the "best maps" because we all know they have great dvd plaers or ipod connectors but i want to know which has te best map!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DriftSti07 View Post
    I do a lot of traveling and want an indash navigation and stll dk about pioneer, eclipse, or alpine... I know that garmin is the best protable but i want to know what indash company has the "best maps" because we all know they have great dvd plaers or ipod connectors but i want to know which has te best map!
    Pioneer gets thier map data from Tele Atlas
    Herman
    -----------

if you want to spend the big bucks, you can get any alpine LCD screen HU and then add the NVE-N872A, that thing is as good as any factory navi. Or you can do what i did...i have the Alpine IVA-W200, and I had the Alpine blackbird hooked up to it, with its dock. its cool..i can use it as an indash as well as take it out and use it as an external navi in other cars. the maps are good..but some times it will reroute in a really wierd way.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    if you want to spend the big bucks, you can get any alpine LCD screen HU and then add the NVE-N872A, that thing is as good as any factory navi. Or you can do what i did...i have the Alpine IVA-W200, and I had the Alpine blackbird hooked up to it, with its dock. its cool..i can use it as an indash as well as take it out and use it as an external navi in other cars. the maps are good..but some times it will reroute in a really wierd way.
    so alpine maps are better than eclipse and pioneer?

i like the eclipse hd head unit
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    i like the eclipse hd head unit
    i heard eclipse makes navi for the lexus and toyotas?!? where do they get maps from (what satellite comp)?

i dont think maps are a huge issue. once you get the latest updates, you should be good. all the brands talked about are fine. i would prefer alpine or pioneer, even tho alpine can be a bit pricey.
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy04wrx View Post
    i dont think maps are a huge issue. once you get the latest updates, you should be good. all the brands talked about are fine. i would prefer alpine or pioneer, even tho alpine can be a bit pricey.
    ive heard pioneer maps suck though..never heard anythinga about alpine and i do sooooo much traveling but i dunt want this portable 1 cauz it is easy 2 get stolen..so maps are important

Simple solution if you like Garmin.

Get the Kenwood PNAV combo setup FTW!

This system uses the higher-end Garmin software and maps. It is fool proof and works like a charm.

I have this setup and think it is about the best.
    VF39'd @ 282awhp, 326awtq