3 wires for boost gauge ???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 3 wires for boost gauge ??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought the glow shift boost gauge. It came with 3 wires, A red, black, and Orange. I searched trying ...

3 wires for boost gauge ???

I bought the glow shift boost gauge. It came with 3 wires, A red, black, and Orange. I searched trying to find the right answers and stuff. but it seems like others just have a positive and negative. I know the black is ground, and red is suppose to be power, and orange is suppose to be the light, so where did everyone wire those wires to?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well im assuming that the gauge is mechanical or do you have a sender also? i have the prosport electric gauges and on mine the orange wire is for the light. if it is mechanical the only thing i can think of is that the red wire supplies power for the light and the orange wiregoes to your park lights so that at night with your lights on it will change the color of the gauge. well at least thats how mine are. g/l man
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

So wire the orange to the parking light? Can I do that threw a fuse?

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Splice it in to your stereo harness.
    The colors should match.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Do you have the same gauge as me? That will work? Wouldn't that be wiring it into the speakers?

dude... take it to a shop to get it done...

the extra wire is probably the dimmer. i wired mine to the cruise control switch. the purple wire is power. Orange with a small white stripe is the dimmer wire

Mine only came with 2 wires i put the power to the purple and the ground to the orange and my lights dims perfectly with the dash lights. try some things, guess and check and you will figure it out. you might not even need all 3 wire hooked up

Thanks for everyone that helped! I normally don't ask much for help, I usually try to figure out everything myself. Thank you everyone.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.