05 STi cluster into 05 WRX

This is a discussion on 05 STi cluster into 05 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all. I am in the process of modding my entire interior in my 05 wrx to red. In my ...

05 STi cluster into 05 WRX

Hi all. I am in the process of modding my entire interior in my 05 wrx to red. In my efforts I decided I wanted to swap out my modded OEM cluster for one from an STi. From what I have read online it is easiest to do this conversion with that of an STi of the same year.
    Before I purchase the cluster I need some info from someone with experience or knowledge of this swap. My questions are...
    1. What exactly needs to be done to the cluster/wiring so that it works without any issue?...I have heard problems of radio fuses blowing, ABS, CELs, and DCCD lights coming on, as well as a loud buzzing/beeping noise. Are these issue still present in an 05 to 05 swap?
    2. Will the shift light feature work after installation?
    3. In regards to converting my mileage onto the new cluster...is that something subaru can handle or does it have to be sent away? I have heard of one individual gettiing the oem cluster mileage recorded in the door frame by a Subaru dealership...not sure how legit that is.
    Any useful information regarding an 05 STi cluster into an 05 wrx will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

One more thing, I have heard from a few individuals that an 04 STi cluster is more compatible with an 05 wrx. Supposedly there are no issues with buzzing, DCCD, or CELs...The only thing wrong is that the ABS light is reversed, meaning, it turns on when its suppose to be off and is off when its suppose to be on. I would like to know if this is the case. Thanks again.
    Last edited by sexyrexy227; 04-11-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: added info

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

04 WRX Cluster to STi

Quote Originally Posted by sexyrexy227 View Post
    Hi all. I am in the process of modding my entire interior in my 05 wrx to red. In my efforts I decided I wanted to swap out my modded OEM cluster for one from an STi. From what I have read online it is easiest to do this conversion with that of an STi of the same year.
    Before I purchase the cluster I need some info from someone with experience or knowledge of this swap. My questions are...
    1. What exactly needs to be done to the cluster/wiring so that it works without any issue?...I have heard problems of radio fuses blowing, ABS, CELs, and DCCD lights coming on, as well as a loud buzzing/beeping noise. Are these issue still present in an 05 to 05 swap?
    2. Will the shift light feature work after installation?
    3. In regards to converting my mileage onto the new cluster...is that something subaru can handle or does it have to be sent away? I have heard of one individual gettiing the oem cluster mileage recorded in the door frame by a Subaru dealership...not sure how legit that is.
    Any useful information regarding an 05 STi cluster into an 05 wrx will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

One more thing, I have heard from a few individuals that an 04 STi cluster is more compatible with an 05 wrx. Supposedly there are no issues with buzzing, DCCD, or CELs...The only thing wrong is that the ABS light is reversed, meaning, it turns on when its suppose to be off and is off when its suppose to be on. I would like to know if this is the case. Thanks again.

I put an 06 STI cluster in my 03 wrx. This is what I had to do to put it in without hearing the buzzing noise and blowing the fuse to my radio:

On the right plug I had to file down the guides so it would fit into the cluster.

On the main plug I had to cut the wire B28 which is yellow and green. This stops the blown fuses.

On the left plug I had to cut the orange and green wire. Not sure of the number. This will stop the buzzing.

It worked but I had the diff lights on and ABS. The outside temp won't work as well unless you make a sensor for it.

I love the cluster and it looks really nice the shift light works but I don't hear the buzz, I think cutting the orange and white wire contribute to that. but other than works great.

What about an 06 STI to 06 WRX? I searched but didn't find any writeup's about it.....

Was there a 2004 STI?

I have an 04 WRX and was trying to find a 2004 STI cluster but can only seem to find 05-07 STI clusters

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk618 View Post
    What about an 06 STI to 06 WRX? I searched but didn't find any writeup's about it.....
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=965990

read through this & see if that helps

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.