boost at idle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on boost at idle within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi all, first off I searched There was a mixed bag of answers. Im probally overreacting, but I just installed ...

boost at idle

hi all, first off I searched

There was a mixed bag of answers. Im probally overreacting, but I just installed my new Apexi boost gauge in KPA's. I had an autometer 52mm, in psi, which worked great, it was just damn hard to see.

Anyhow, at idle im getting -.4

Some of you said normal, but most said -.5 to -.6

Is there something wrong with my setup? Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Lines not kinked, no noticable leaks...

Did a 3rd gear pull to 5k boost was a lil past 1.1, im not stock btw

I should have double checked the boost with my old gauge first, but when UPS comes out of the blue, all hell breaks loose

talked to is2scooby earlier, he said it was normal and if he could he would have, he-b!tch man slapped me over the phone for being so paranoid.

Anyhow, sorry for rambling, TIA

Wes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

According to my autometer boost gauge, the vacuum pull varies. When I start the car in the morning, i get about 20 mm of Hg (i think it's in mm), turn on hte lights: a little less, when i'm cruising on the freeway off boost, it drops to like 22 mm Hg. When the weather was warmer, I don't remember it dropping so far.

Basically, I know that it'll vary according to conditions so I won't sweat it if it's not the same. Also, there's got to be some variances between different gauges of the same make, between diff. makes, etc..

So you better duck...the back of the hand is coming your way! Stop being paranoid.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

i was getting -.430 on the AVCR
    after uppipe and downpipe im now getting around -.550ish

im sure whatever it is is normal, just depends on breathing mods probably

i never even thought much of it even when it changed
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.