Gauge needles
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauge needles within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Any way to change the color of these without replacing the entire cluster? I have the reverse indiglo gauges, and ...

Gauge needles

Any way to change the color of these without replacing the entire cluster?

I have the reverse indiglo gauges, and the yellow needs just look bad. I turn the lighting all the way down because of that, but that zaps out the lighting on the dash.

Any ideas?

~ Dan (Zapix)
    Last edited by Zapix; 01-15-2003 at 12:51 AM.
    PS3/360 ID: Zapix

MIA Western Mass Impreza Club / MIA Connecticut Impreza Club

My 2002 WRB WRX

2003 Northeast Subaru Impreza Club Regional Meet

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

find new needles...there is no way considering the needles themselves are yellow....go to a junkyard and jack a few off some other car that are clear and throw a blue led in place of the light in the dash so the needle will be blue..too much of a pita for me though...

So the needles can actually be changed then?

Thinking about it, it does sound like a PITA...

Still, the yellow on the reverse indiglo gauges at night is ugly as sin!
    Just doesn't match right.

My 2002 WRB WRX

You should just get rid of those ricey indiglo gauges.

Larry

Originally posted by LTrain
    You should just get rid of those ricey indiglo gauges.

Larry
    who the ***** are you? sorry, we didn't know that we weren't allowed to HAVE OUR OWN OPINIONS. do whatyou like to your own car, and keep your opinionated comments to yourself.

dR

This isn't much of an option, but an FYI, the 2004 WRXes and WRX Sti come w/ red gauge needles. The momo logo is also red, instead of the yellow currently.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

i will keep you posted as i am going to try something in a few days

1) THANK YOU dR! I was going to say something, but I've had enough enough such b.s on the boards recently (especially over the STi and other issues). I like the Indiglo gauges very much, and it add a much more sporty look to the car.

2) Red gauges on the STi eh? Sounds cool. I'm going for a quad color style with my car though... Blue, Black, Gold, and Silver/Aluminum.
    Blue car, gold wheels, black & blue leather interior, reverse indiglow gauges (can you guess the night time color?!?), and soon a titanium interior kit from IPT (looks similiar to the basic interior trim, but nicer). Soon a silver/black shift knob, STi plate around that, etc. Anyway, I'm in the hunt for blue needles if I can find a way to do this.

3) Evil Imports, whatever you're going to be trying, I hope it works, and benefits me with some knowledge on changing the needles in my car!

Wouldn't mind changing the rest of the interior colors either, like around the stereo/AC. That greenish color sucks!

My 2002 WRB WRX

ok i did it, my first try i didn't think it was going to work, but then i tried a different way today and it kinda worked, here is a few pics of my gauge cluster now, only thing is you can't get all of the yellow off, so you will see that the new color doesn't come all the way up the needles anymore like the yellow does, well he is a few pics anyway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cluster1.jpg  
    Last edited by Evil Imports; 01-14-2003 at 11:50 PM.

another pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cluster3.jpg  

pic with the lights on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cluster light.jpg  

i might do the needs blue later on, but i had the red laying around so i did it with that to see if it would work, let me know how you like it

one more thing, DO NOT TAKE THE NEEDLES OFF, i took 1 needle off (temp) and it took me about an hour to get it back in the right spot

wait, evil--
    what did you use on the needles to change the color? think i could do that to an autometer gauge to turn the needle from red to yellow?
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

i don't think you could take apart a autometer gauge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.