Gauge needles - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Gauge needles within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; There was an entire How-To about this at my old board (ASOG.net). Because the gauge faces were just overlays held ...

There was an entire How-To about this at my old board (ASOG.net). Because the gauge faces were just overlays held to the console with 2-sided tape it was simple to change thier color. After you pulled off the overlay, you sanded down the backside of the overlay until the black colored backing was gone. You then "painted" the backs of the overlay in the color you wanted.

As for the needles you simply sanded down the back of the needles until they were clear. The you painted the back of the needles in the color you wanted. The only problem was when you painted the needles in a darker color (like blue) there were not very visible during the daytime.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

has anyone installed this kit? i'm looking to do it myself, and any tips or help in putting the needles back on and in the correct fashion (so they read accuratly) would REALLY be helpful

I plan to paint them. Red nail polish perhaps, leaving the tip unpainted so that only the tip glows at night..maybe a dumb idea but if i pull it off itll look sweet.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123