Electric Chirp is where?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Electric Chirp is where? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone know where the electronic chirp is located on a OEM alarm? I noticed it sounding funny one day, and ...

Electric Chirp is where?

Anyone know where the electronic chirp is located on a OEM alarm?

I noticed it sounding funny one day, and was turning it off and on to find it, and to see what was wrong but before I could find it it went dead. The alarm still works, its just the chirp is gone. It has done this before but the chirp came back. Any ideas?
    04 wrx wagon D/D
    02 S2K Summer Fun (sold)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ODJ
    As far as I can tell, the beeping mechanism for the OEM alarm is located under the hood, right beside the passenger side strut top. In my car ('04 WRX), it's black, it's round and it sticks out toward the down pipe.

Maybe you've got a loose wire to this buzzer, but it's also possible you disabled your chirp by mistake. Look on the back of your key fob for instructions on how to enable/disable the chirp.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

I'm pretty sure it went dead, and wasn't disabled. Time to see what the subi extended warranty is worth.
    04 wrx wagon D/D
    02 S2K Summer Fun (sold)

Registered User Electric-Mayhem's Avatar
    The black thing next to the DP is part of the horn system. It could be there but I'm pretty sure that its behind the front bumper but in front of the radiator. There is another part of the horn system (its not really a horn so much as a large buzzer, looks like a disc on the end of a band of metal, flick it and you'll get a toned down version of the horn noise). The beeper itself is a little black or white box the size of your pinky. You might have to take the grill off to get at it, but thats easy.

Mine did the same thing, and is dead most of the time. Every once in a while when it rains, it will come back, but sounds like an out of tune canary. Should be pretty easy to replace. Oh and mine is an 04 WRX wagon.

JH

^^^^eletric mayhem has it right...its in front of the radiator

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.