best shift knob? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on best shift knob? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by wackary Here is my collection...told ya I had a shift knob fetish! The BeatRush is my favorite ...

Quote Originally Posted by wackary View Post
    Here is my collection...told ya I had a shift knob fetish!

The BeatRush is my favorite of the lot....
    That is quite a collection, i think im gonna go for the greddy counterweight or the prodrive, but im also thinkin about this agency one i saw on google products, looks pretty nice, also a little shorter than the prodrive which i like http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...2-p-21864.html
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    what about the beatrush do you like?

i have the prodrive in black and love it.

The beatrush has a good feel in the hand, just the right size and height for me and the delrin material is brilliant. It is hard, scratch resistant and it does not get hot in the summer like every other shift knob I have ever tried.
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    2006 GSXR750
    2002 SV650
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

how do you guys like the sti Ti piston knob, i was thinkin about either gettin the agency, or pickin up the sti piston off of the forums used
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2

bugeye mafia #161

Quote Originally Posted by budahrocket View Post
    how do you guys like the sti Ti piston knob, i was thinkin about either gettin the agency, or pickin up the sti piston off of the forums used
    Being somewhat of a shiftknob snob, I can tell you that the sti ti piston knob is of the uber-sublime class of shiftknob technology. I mean the thing is just right in every way; first of all it is made of titanium and ti=cool, second- the thing just looks cool and feels good in your hand. If you are nutjob enough to justify the extravagance; then YES, buy it! To be completely honest though, I think the stocker is probably without fault and I do feel a little silly owning so many knobs.....I just cannot leave well enough alone.
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    2006 GSXR750
    2002 SV650
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -HST

Quote Originally Posted by wackary View Post
    Being somewhat of a shiftknob snob, I can tell you that the sti ti piston knob is of the uber-sublime class of shiftknob technology. I mean the thing is just right in every way; first of all it is made of titanium and ti=cool, second- the thing just looks cool and feels good in your hand. If you are nutjob enough to justify the extravagance; then YES, buy it! To be completely honest though, I think the stocker is probably without fault and I do feel a little silly owning so many knobs.....I just cannot leave well enough alone.
    sounds good to me, im probably gonna go for a sti knob, as soon as i find a good deal on one in the forums, but if i find a really good deal on a prodrive first, i'll prob just grab it, thanks a lot guys
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2

bugeye mafia #161

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by budahrocket View Post
    sounds good to me, im probably gonna go for a sti knob, as soon as i find a good deal on one in the forums, but if i find a really good deal on a prodrive first, i'll prob just grab it, thanks a lot guys
    PM armin(World One Performance) he sent me mine for 60 shipped
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

just installed my greddy counterweight knob from fastwrx.com, and its actually pretty good. it makes it easier to go through the gears with the added weight. i know this is not the thread for this but i have a factory installed short throw shifter on my 07 wrx, i drove a scion tc with some mods and the shifting is SO much smoother, like its sorta clicks into the gears not like the scion which just slides in, should i get this looked at?

Quote Originally Posted by falkonsti View Post
    just installed my greddy counterweight knob from fastwrx.com, and its actually pretty good. it makes it easier to go through the gears with the added weight. i know this is not the thread for this but i have a factory installed short throw shifter on my 07 wrx, i drove a scion tc with some mods and the shifting is SO much smoother, like its sorta clicks into the gears not like the scion which just slides in, should i get this looked at?
    no, the WRX is just a clunky shifter
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

there isnt a way to make it smoother, some lube, i dunno,? if thats wut it is and cant be changed then w/e thanks though

there isnt a way to make it smoother, some lube, i dunno,? if thats wut it is and cant be changed then w/e thanks though
    i wouldnt suggest lubing up your shifter, but yeah the nature of the tranny and shifter is just to be rather clunky
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2

bugeye mafia #161

yea i kno, just a thought, but i figured there would be no solution thanks though

Change your Transmission fluid to Redline full syn gear oil or Search here or on Nasioc for Uncles scottys cocktail recipie, this will smooth it out.

use the same stuff and change out your Rear diff fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Change your Transmission fluid to Redline full syn gear oil or Search here or on Nasioc for Uncles scottys cocktail recipie, this will smooth it out.

use the same stuff and change out your Rear diff fluid.
    +1, USC is some good stuff, but it still wont get rid of the "notchiness" in the wrx's shifts, i know the gliding feeling your referring to, i took out my friends s-4, and it literally feels like the shifter is floating in the gearbox
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2

bugeye mafia #161

I have a black Prodrive right now, but I'm thinking of seeing if I can swap someone for a Momo Airleather. Not that I don't love the Prodrive knob. It's got good weight to it, a great smooth feel, and just looks awesome. Problem is, since it's metal, it's goddamn freezing cold in the winter and damn hot in the summer
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Prodrive addict...

Quote Originally Posted by vecdran View Post
    I have a black Prodrive right now, but I'm thinking of seeing if I can swap someone for a Momo Airleather. Not that I don't love the Prodrive knob. It's got good weight to it, a great smooth feel, and just looks awesome. Problem is, since it's metal, it's goddamn freezing cold in the winter and damn hot in the summer
    yea i wear gloves to drive until it warms up this morning my knob was 3 degrees.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.