(not) good vibrations
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on (not) good vibrations within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i want this to appeal to those that know what i'm talking about when you're listening to music and it ...

(not) good vibrations

i want this to appeal to those that know what i'm talking about when you're listening to music and it hits that certain low frequency and all of the sudden you hear the door panals start to vibratle/rattle and make noise. it doesn't have to be loud, i'm still stock bottom end radio w/ regular speakers, and it can be under 10, all it takes is that frequency and suddenly there's a bunch of woodpeckers in my doors in a frenzy.

what have you tried doing about it and has it worked to eliminate all the rattling?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I upgraded the speakers and got the amp from Subaru and it still does it. It's because of the cheapo plastic in the doors from Subaru. Oh well. It's designed to drive. Enjoy the drive. Screw the plastic.

(albeit not literally, as that might prove painful)
    2010 SSM STI

dynomat!!!!!!!!!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

re:

I have a 600 watt power acoustick, and a 12" Rockford Fosgate HE2 and the only thing that rattles in my car is the back deck area. DYNOMAT!! tomorrow.

Re: (not) good vibrations

Originally posted by scaryfast
    i want this to appeal to those that know what i'm talking about when you're listening to music and it hits that certain low frequency and all of the sudden you hear the door panals start to vibratle/rattle and make noise. it doesn't have to be loud, i'm still stock bottom end radio w/ regular speakers, and it can be under 10, all it takes is that frequency and suddenly there's a bunch of woodpeckers in my doors in a frenzy.

what have you tried doing about it and has it worked to eliminate all the rattling?
    i get this too, it's not volume but the natural resonace freq. of some piece...i was thinking in the right door or maybe that trim on the dash under the windshield.
    find it, mat it or put some foam under it, and it should stop.

Doc
    I get this same problem. It's either the right door or the trim under the windshield. I also get the rear-deck vibration too. Subaru really should address this as it seems like a VERY common problem.

Here is the really annoying part. While my radio will resonate at the correct frequency now and then, my exhaust hits that frequency all the time. So all I hear is buzz buzz buzz, rattle rattle!

I didn't notice this when the temp were warmer.

Someone should probably sticky this thread as I have seen this exact question about 50 times now.
    Doc

2003 WRX Sedan
    PE1818F Turbo
    TurboXS Version II TMIC
    UTEC
    TurboXS catless up-pipe
    ScoobySport catless down-pipe
    ScoobySport catless mid-pipe
    Borla cat-back exhaust
    PE 650cc injectors
    Walbro GSS342 fuel pump
    Perrin Fuel Rail
    FJO Wideband O2 datalogger
    Omori 52mm EGT
    Omori 52mm Oil temp
    Omori 52mm Oil Pressue
    Rev-lite t-sport sequential shift light

No bling, I can't afford any...

I Support ClubWRX
    I get the vibration from the right speaker area. No idea what it is. Only with deep bass though. I'd like to know what it is but it doesn't bother me that much. Nothing like that VIN/dash rattle.

2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by WilliamG
    I get the vibration from the right speaker area. No idea what it is. Only with deep bass though. I'd like to know what it is but it doesn't bother me that much. Nothing like that VIN/dash rattle.

i'll be taking that apart to check it out and see if ic an fix it. some rubber saved it in my friends jetta. so i'll see what i can do. i hate that rattle.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Re: re:

Originally posted by jfideler
    I have a 600 watt power acoustick, and a 12" Rockford Fosgate HE2 and the only thing that rattles in my car is the back deck area. DYNOMAT!! tomorrow.

I got a PPI pc1440 amp powering a JL 10W7 I was getting the rattle at the back deck area too... I just took out that piece and bought some fabric that matched the back deck piece. When you take that piece off you wont want to put it back on. There are three large holes that go into the trunk.. MORE BOOM!!!
    That rear deck piece has alot of foam deading material. And its not any louder inside the cabin when im driving. (I could be going deaf though )
    Now i gotta stop the mirror from rattleing

I have the right speaker rattle too. I dont care, the boxer turbo is all the music I need.

Originally posted by Lance
    I have the right speaker rattle too. I dont care, the boxer turbo is all the music I need.
    hell ya i told my gf that i will take the whole radio out because i like to drive with it off and hear my exhaust and u can concentrate on speeding around. she didn't like that so i may just put 6x9's on the back by the window and take the door speakers out or something i dunno. i'd rather rip all of it out. anyone looking to buy an upgraded stereo
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.