No radio with EDFC (pics)

This is a discussion on No radio with EDFC (pics) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Finally completed what I'd like my interior to be except for moving the A pillar pods to the center. I ...

No radio with EDFC (pics)

Finally completed what I'd like my interior to be except for moving the A pillar pods to the center.

I basically removed the stereo, which was the single DIN single disc setup, and all it's components and replaced it with the single DIN plastic CD holder.

Also you'll see the EDFC in the center which is wired to turn on with the car.. that's about it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks good
    Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

does it slide around?

a fiberglass setup or some abs plastic for the EDFC would definitely set it apart
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

nice!!

looks good man
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Doesn't slide it's velcoed on the bottom + the wires are pretty heavy in the back. Full throttle turns and it stays still.

I wanted it to look stock and my friend who drives an EVO got in and thought I ordered it that way. Which is exactly what I wanted.

Why would you remove the stereo? You already had a pocket to place the EDFC.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

My favorite station is EJ25 featuring the brand new P&P'ed TD04 and IHI's BOV. It's a great song...you can't get that in XM Satellite.

My daily driver car has a bangin stereo system.. but I hardly listen to the thing anyways. I really never listen to the radio/CD's. Only my friends used it and I would usually turn it down.

+ the car was to damn loud. It's not applicable even with a loud stereo.

I think Americans pay to much attention to other things in the car when they should be paying attention to driving. The Saleen S7's cup holders are specifically designed to hold a McDonald's Large Cola, so says Saleen. Sad.
    Last edited by WRX2006; 03-19-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Thumbs up

I'm with WRX2006 on this one. In short people don't take pride in driving like they used to. It seems to me that almost everyone here does take pride and that rocks. So, no radio can be ok especialy if it is not your daily driver.

-Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by WRX2006 View Post
    The Saleen S7's cup holders are specifically designed to hold a McDonald's Large Cola, so says Saleen. Sad.
    Thats a good feature though.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

I completely understand that viewpoint...

I have not even turned on my radio since I got my exhaust. I have no need to listen to it, cuz I still cant stop smiling every time I get on it.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Arrow It really isn't practical in his car...

Cause his car's exhaust is loud...not that its a bad note dont get me wrong it sounds great but it's loud .......And its to the point where it could drown out the music if he was to play music.... so he went without and I gotta say it looks good on the interior and the car itself performs great so where dpes he loose
    02 debaged bugeye with a Magnaflow Axleback, Perrin Dp, Samco IC pipes, APS Inlet, Perrin Fuel Rails, Tien H-Techs, Cobb Sway Kit, Whiteline Endlinks (Front & Back), Omori Boost Gauge, & Stg 2.....It's a good start

I need my music when I drive though!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Quote Originally Posted by nSj77h View Post
    I need my music when I drive though!
    +1 - I mean, when you are stuck in traffic, it doesn't hurt to flip through local stations and check out why you are stuck with a local traffic report. My bugeye is catless 3" and while yes, it's a bit loud, it's nothing the stock stereo isn't capable of overcoming. Turn up the volume a bit and I can hear both the music, and my exhaust.

I have the EDFC in my car velcro'd against the right side of the center console down near the passenger footwell. I don't really see a need for it to be mounted so close to the driver's line of sight - but hey, that's just me. I've got my 3 presets set to 0/0,8/8,16/16 - I wonder what his are set at.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Yeah, Peteys rode in my car.. he knows.

I really don't listen to music at all.. I don't know I just never got into it. I respect people with nice sound systems.. it's just not my bag. If I want music or if I'm going on a long trip I drive the Del Sol. That's why I have it.

My presets are 0/0... 5/7.. and 16/16
    Corners, Highways, and in town.

And my feet are very animated during intense driving, so I don't have any keychains on my keys or anything near my legs. It bothers me. So I put the EDFC where I can see it and where people ask about it
    Last edited by WRX2006; 03-25-2007 at 04:41 PM.