Anyone got a remote start
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone got a remote start within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone got a remote start. I want to put one on my wrx. I have done a little reading but ...

Anyone got a remote start

Anyone got a remote start. I want to put one on my wrx. I have done a little reading but not much specific stuff for the wrx. Any one put one on a manual transmission. And does the wrx have a way to tell if the car is in neutral so it won;t try to start. i already know how to bypass the clutch.

If you have one could you just post some info about it. like pricewith installation what kind and some of the functions it does. I especially would like to know what they do for a manual transmission. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I don't have much info on this at all, but I have remote start in my MT car. It only works when it's in neutral. It came with the car so I have no idea on installation or what it's wired into. But hey, it can be done! Good luck.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

if you do a search, there are few threads about remote starts.

i had my buddy put my clifford matrix in. he made a switch i can flip if i dont want to remote start it. pretty much for valet or if im letting someone else borrow my car (extremely rare). i heard about others putting a ring around the shifter so if your in gear, it wont remote start.

price...the alarm plus install will put you back $500 install by itself will be 200-300. but good luck finding a shop that will do it for u. too much legal sheeezz
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

My friend and I put an alarm remote start on my MT WRX two weekends ago. As far as bypassing the clutch it was not really hard it was just a matter of tapping a wire later in the system. We did not do it on my car, but on other ones we have done, we install a couple of switchs that are around the shifter. We would set them up so that if the shifter was in gear it depress the switch and disable the remote start. The other thing that we did on my to help with saftey is we installed the ebrake wire. That is where if the ebrake is not on then it will not remote start.
    As far as the alarm goes the only thing that took us some time on that is installing it so I could arm the alarm with the turbo timer still running. We had to use a couple of relays to make that work.

Edit: You will not be able to find a shop that will do this for you, atleast not on the books. We have done it for some people but when we do it is a side job. I do not know about everywhere, but here it is illegal to install a remote start on a MT. But you might try talking to some of the salesmen, they usually know if any of the installers do side work installing things like this.
    Last edited by devilduck54; 03-19-2007 at 08:07 AM.

i was lookin for the same thing i found a company called ''galaxy'' i don know really anythin about the but supposedly they have ones for MT and will not start when in gear only in nuetral..so its made for MT....look it up....

Me and my friend installed a remote start on my MT car. There is a way to detect if the car is in neutral. Its called the neutral switch here is the info for a 2002 WRX:

Neutral position switch A8 WB ON: 120.5
    OFF: 0 Switch is ON when gear is in
    neutral position. It comes out of your ECU, so you need to use a probe.

Search for it for your car.
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.