Power Reset.. What to do?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Power Reset.. What to do? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 06 WRX/TR I did a couple wiring hacks, and everything went fine with them.. like making it ...

Power Reset.. What to do?

I have a 06 WRX/TR I did a couple wiring hacks, and everything went fine with them.. like making it unlock with just one click of the key fob, parking lights, and a couple other small things which worked great - no loose wires, nothing came un-connected. (I checked)

So I went to install my stereo myself and because it was so new at the time, they didn't have any wiring harnesses for the radio. So being a new radio installer I simply sliced the plastic cap off the wires where it's supposed to hook into the stock radio. I was left with all the wires that were expertly color-changed by Fuji Heavy Industries not to match with any other wiring diagrams...

Anyways, when I had the radio in, everything but one detail worked fine. This is where I have my problem...

Everytime I shut my car off no power gets to the system which means I can't use my keyless entry, the clock resets, the trip resets, and I can't keep anything in my radio's memory. I no longer have a radio or speakers in the car, and I replaced the empty hole with another DIN pocket.

Basically, I want to know what wires, if any I can hook together to make it so the system doesn't reset everytime I turn off the car. I've tried every combination I can think of and I KNOW it's just something with the radio wires, I just don't know the right combination. Figured someone on here would have wired their own stereo and had the same problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump

fixed it....

what were you able to do to fix it?
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I am going to install my own stereo today.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Blew the main 20V Clock Fuse located in the Engine Bay fuse box. Only place I didn't check because I figured the drivers side ones would go out and act as a barrier to the ones that were in the bay.

But I had to redo some wiring because I had everything connected to the 12V constant hoping it would work, so everything stayed on when I turned the car off. Now it works fine..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.