DVD bypass parking brake chord
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DVD bypass parking brake chord within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Any one figured out how to trick there dvd player into always thinking the parking brake is on. The clarion ...

Banned

DVD bypass parking brake chord

Any one figured out how to trick there dvd player into always thinking the parking brake is on. The clarion uses an electro tap. Can I atach this to another wire?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

when i had my alpine in, i had to run two switches which it thought were my parking and foot brake. alpine tries to be safe with a code, which if i remember correctly, is hand foot break down, hand brake up, down, up, foot brake down. with other stuff like eclipse and kenwood if you just ground the brake wire, you are good
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

I know with Jensen you have to either to a little routine with the parking brake(up, down, up or something like that), set up a ground with a switch and flip it in the same routine, or you can hack into the manufacturers menu and change the setting so the dvd player will work while driving. I did the hack and it was very very very simple, there are instructions to do this floating all over the internet. All i had to do was type in a code at the start up screen.
    2006 CGM WRX Wagon...
    -TXS Axle back
    -SPT intake
    -STi Wagon Pinks, Whiteline RSB, Poltec fronts

Banned
    YEAH all I had to do was ground the thing out then put a swich to toggle on and of once then blam diving with tv

Be careful. A couple of years ago two guys in a pickup truck slammed head on into a Subaru here because they were watching a DVD and not the road. They survived, but the two in the subie died.
    Batmobile: 2002 WRX wagon RIP

For my alpine unit i needed to use the pac tr-7 module to trick the the unit to think the brake is up.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Anyone know on a Pioneer or Eclipse? I'm looking to pick one up soon
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Banned
    I think the pioneer requires some saldering of things together and is kind of scetch. Dont know about eclipse but somone has had to have figured it out before. Definatly go double din you will love it. (and your cup holder)

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKBROCKHOFF View Post
    I think the pioneer requires some saldering of things together and is kind of scetch. Dont know about eclipse but somone has had to have figured it out before. Definatly go double din you will love it. (and your cup holder)
    Ahh interesting. I know I helped my buddy put in his Double Din made by Dual. All he had to do was pull the wire outta the parking brake, and ground it to the Chassy and it worked. I hope its something that easy. I'll Google search it.

Don't worry about the cup holder, mine are on the center console
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

So i attached my double DIN today.

Stupid question, but i had to splice the ebrake wire to connect with my deck so it plays when the ebrake is on. How do i ground the ebrake differently so i can make it think it's always on?

Registered User Electric-Mayhem's Avatar
    For my JVC unit, all I had to do was take the cable that was supposed to attach to the e-brake, and just ground it normally. I just attached it into the same splice as the ground for the reciever and it worked no problem. I know other brands are more complicated (with black boxes and such needed), but it never hurts to try the simplest way first.

JH
    2004 World Rally Blue WRX Wagon
    Stage 3 (and rising)
    STI shortblock, STI TMIC, VF39 Turbo, Turboback, and Opensource Tuning (Enginuity and Boostcreep Special)
    www.enginuity.org (highly recommended)

with the new clarion headunits I have a max675vd one sometimes they wire it wrong at the installers.. so it won't work period... however find an independat shop... preferably one you know someone who works at to do this ... my friend and i put a capacitor type thing in linre on the ground so that all i have to do is flip it from dvd to tuner and back and then bam all the movies you can handle

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantonienn View Post
    with the new clarion headunits I have a max675vd one sometimes they wire it wrong at the installers.. so it won't work period... however find an independat shop... preferably one you know someone who works at to do this ... my friend and i put a capacitor type thing in linre on the ground so that all i have to do is flip it from dvd to tuner and back and then bam all the movies you can handle
    Thats the same head unit I have I love it!! It is real pimp ish. All I did though was ground it out and put wire conector to plug and unplug to get it working. I have been meaning to get a swich for the thing but I desided driving alone w/ dvd isn't smart But screw INSTALLERS DO IT YOURSELF. Stereo has to be the easiest way to save crap loads of money by staying away from aftermarket intallers. They sell you crap and convince you your the ISH.

Well it's my friend and he charged me 20bucks including parts to install it so not bad i'd say... and I didn't wanna mess with that wire mess from the turbo timer etc...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.