button on top of stearing colum

This is a discussion on button on top of stearing colum within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys im new to wrx the dealer i bought it from didnt know much about the car lol go ...

button on top of stearing colum

hey guys im new to wrx the dealer i bought it from didnt know much about the car lol go figure right well anyway on top of the stearing colum there a switch with a p and three lines go up straight and down i pressed the switch but it didnt do anything just wondering what it is and what it does thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by evo eatr View Post
    hey guys im new to wrx the dealer i bought it from didnt know much about the car lol go figure right well anyway on top of the stearing colum there a switch with a p and three lines go up straight and down i pressed the switch but it didnt do anything just wondering what it is and what it does thanks in advance
    turns your parking lights on
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you get an owner's manual with the car?

Did the parking lamps come on when you pressed the switch?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i justget my day time running lights that come on when i pull down the e-break thats it

I Support ClubWRX
    So when you push the button on the column and the car is off, and you get outside the car, the clearance lamps aren't on front and back?!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

haha it took me a day to figure it out too once i got into the subaru scene.

once day out, park close to a wall (garage door), then press the "p" button down. you will then (hopefull) notice two yello amber lights shinning from your headlights.

Those are considered your "parking lights". They work whether the cars on or off. Kinda like for hazard situations i guess, good for taking photos of your car

And with the key remote, once you click to unlock your car, the "parking lights" should also flash a couple times.

Good luck

And with the key remote, once you click to unlock your car, the "parking lights" should also flash a couple times.

Good luck[/QUOTE]

When I unlock my car it only "chirps" No lights blinking. I have an 05 so is it different?
    '05 WRX Wagon San Remo Red, Stage ?????????????