trim peice removal
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on trim peice removal within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey whats up everyone. i want to paint my vent trim on the dash, but im not sure how to ...

trim peice removal

Hey whats up everyone. i want to paint my vent trim on the dash, but im not sure how to remove em. if anyone has any advise i would really apriciate it. thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here you go, the blue circles are screws that are behind the cup holder, the purple circles are tabs that just need to be pulled to remove, and the yellow cirle is the hazard connector. first unscrew the cupholder and remove it, pull out the upper vent area disconnect the hazard switch, and pull of the HVAC trim both of the last 2 just pull off and can take a bit of effort
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled6.JPG  
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

i am trying to install an aftermarket radio on a 06 but there is no cup holder on the top how do i remove the trim piece?

Quote Originally Posted by loffer1 View Post
    i am trying to install an aftermarket radio on a 06 but there is no cup holder on the top how do i remove the trim piece?
    sorry I don't know about an 06, I have an 04 it most likely just pulls out like above
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Pop the trim out from the bottom of the gearshift area, from where the grey meets the black material. from there u can remove the trim around the gearshift, which will let u see two screws at the bottom of the trim around the radio. remove those, then pop the trim out by prying at the same locations as mentioned earlier in this thread.

this should be all you ever need:
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7238
    Last edited by Lithoss; 02-05-2007 at 04:50 PM.

i got as far as removing the bottom part but it feels like there are two more screws on the top by the vents. do i need to remove the vents...if so how do i get them out with out breaking it. or are they just clips that are really hard to pull out. thanks for you help

i got as far as removing the bottom part but it feels like there are two more screws on the top by the vents. do i need to remove the vents...if so how do i get them out with out breaking it. or are they just clips that are really hard to pull out. thanks for you help
    they are clips... no need to remove the vents.
    just be careful when your prying, dont damage the plastic stuff around the trim. a pry tool or nail remover or similar makes it MUCH easier.

I Support ClubWRX

I personally think that looks awful. Cheap and kinda tacky. But hey if you like it, that's all that matters.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Thug Nasty View Post
    I personally think that looks awful. Cheap and kinda tacky. But hey if you like it, that's all that matters.
    how would you think gloss black would look?
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

I dunno. It'd probably look way better than red / blue.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.