Electronic Problems - HELP!

This is a discussion on Electronic Problems - HELP! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sooo, I recently blew my hazard switch, which Big Valley Subaru in Cali told me... they went in and 'checked ...

Electronic Problems - HELP!

Sooo, I recently blew my hazard switch, which Big Valley Subaru in Cali told me... they went in and 'checked it out' and screwed something up. Ever since I replaced it (very simple, I didn't mess around with anything) whenever I turn my car off my radio and some accessories stay on. Have no idea why. Can't see any change. Does anybody know what would cause this? It's drained my battery twice now, even when I turn the radio off.

Thanks!
    Steve
    (formerly Blue2004WRX)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow, i would assume that whatever blew your hazard switch is causing the malfunctions. I would check the relay/ fuse/ flasher associated with the hazard lights. Make sure something didn't melt.

I would also unplug the switch and see if the problem still occurs just to try and rule that out perhaps.

You're right, I should get in there and start trying to find a pattern. But between work and SB weekend, I was kind of gonna hedge my bet and see if I could get some insight here. That's what I get for being lazy

I'll do that, and continue to keep my fingers crossed that someone has some idea what's going wrong with my car!

Also, I should also say, my battery is dying when my alarm is activated. In valet mode it lasted through the night (less power drain? something to think about?) The radio still stays on though so I don't think the alarm is related, just another drain on the battery.