Sound deadening
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sound deadening within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey everyone. i searched for it but all that came up was exhaust threads and anything "quiet" in the thread. ...

Sound deadening

hey everyone. i searched for it but all that came up was exhaust threads and anything "quiet" in the thread. i cant remember what that liquid sound deadening is called, and who has installed it. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know who has it on their car but the stuff is made by Dynamat and its called Dynashield and another company that makes it is Cascade and its called Vblok Quiet-Kote.

I've been looking into this stuff also and i would like to hear any reviews on it.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Years ago I used a product from Rockford Fosgate that was liquid ( more like toothpaste and blue in color ) on the inside of the doors of my S-10 Blazer. It could be either sprayed or brushed. I brushed it. It was very messy, but the end result was well worth it. After I did the liquid, I put 2 layers of Dynamat on the inside door skin. Talk about rock solid!......... but it did add some weight.

Oh yeah, I have used the Dynashield stuff just on the inside of sub enclosures, not on any body panels. I used the small cans, worked okay, but once you start spraying, keep going cause the tip will clog very easily.

ill try to find the big thread with a write up and instructions. i found it last year. i remember the guy used the quiet cote, and used a brush. he bought 2 gallons and did his trunk, under rear seats, all doors, and the front floorboards and still had some left. not bad for something that weighs 8lbs a gallon. light weight and easy to put where u want it. i plan on doing the floorboards and maybe the trunk. not sure about the trunk cuz i dont want to hide the sound of the CBE. ill try to find it and post it.

could this work?

I was at home depot today and i went to the insulation section and i found a roll of insulating tape. It was VERY light weight and costs about $7 per roll. I think 1 roll would cover a whole door. i'm not sure how well it would work, but for the price it might be worth a try.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #50

The best things in life go VROOM!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.