Boost Gauge Wiring

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge Wiring within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; [COLOR=firebrick] I went to my local performance shop to enquire about having a boost and AFR gauge installed. They told ...

AFR Gauge Wiring

[COLOR=firebrick] I went to my local performance shop to enquire about having a boost and AFR gauge installed. They told me I would have to buy a oxygen sendor complete with weld in "BUNG" wiring harness and the whole anchalata!! After I came to ( passed out when they told me the price) they continued to explain, the WRX ecu changes the resistance, or the sendor resistance changes...ummm Im not really to sure here guys.. because I was still thinking about the 500 dollars they want for the boost gauge install....
    Oh wait...I think I remember them saying they need -12 and +12 volts for proper readings...and the stock Oxygen sendor cannot do this.... is this B.S. ? thankyou in advance guys! this is for the AFR gauge
    Last edited by busterz; 01-02-2003 at 10:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They're not completely B.S.'ing you. The front O2 sensor on the WRX doesn't use voltage to measure the A/F ratio, it uses current flow to measure it. A normal A/F guage won't know what to do with it.

The REAR 02 sensor works like a normal one, but it's really just there to measure cat efficency. I won't give you a very accurate reading anyway because it's after all 3 cats.

A normal A/F sender isn't horribly expensive, and welding in a bung doesn't take too long either. $500 sounds a bit steep to me, but I've never had one installed, so I don't know.

-John
    Trunkmonkey Racing
    Team Monkey Wrench