Best In Dash Nav or DVD receiver? Can't mount my Sirius s50 right...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Best In Dash Nav or DVD receiver? Can't mount my Sirius s50 right... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an '04 with the stock 6 disc changer and right now I'm about to kill myself and everyone ...

Best In Dash Nav or DVD receiver? Can't mount my Sirius s50 right...

I have an '04 with the stock 6 disc changer and right now I'm about to kill myself and everyone on the road b/c I cant find a good place to install my Sirius S50
    Kinda getting tired of the stock 6 disc and am thinking about putting an in-dash nav system in, or maybe just a DVD player. Anyone have either:

an innovative solution to the S50 mount
    or
    something to say about an in dash nav/dvd they love or hate?
    America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Alpine IVA-200
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snitch.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	69431
    That's when it was in my Ford Exploder
    HAWKEYE ALLIANCE # 036
    -The Cooler Ray

The pioneer avic-d3 is going to be the **** I am waiting untill it comes out. I might grab a d2 if the price drops on them enough.

i really like that avic-d3 too. i actually got an incredible deal from a buddy of mine who works at best buy. they had one leftover JVC KD-AVX2 (3.5 inch screen that isnt one of those flip up ones). crutchfield has them for $499. he got me one (AND the extra $80 sirius converter) for $300. 300 for a nice unit (maybe not exactly whta i envisioned) vs $1000+ for something else works for me.
    America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Check it out, I am waiting unitll march for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_w3UZIEo8k

Kenwood DDX7017, you should be able to find new for under $1000, you just have to hook up the receiver for the Sirius radio, I have the TV tuner, but no NAV. I love it and would highly recomend it.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life View Post
    Kenwood DDX7017, you should be able to find new for under $1000, you just have to hook up the receiver for the Sirius radio, I have the TV tuner, but no NAV. I love it and would highly recomend it.
    Your interior amazes me, it's clean! Very nice picture!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Thank you
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

i have the iva w200 as well, and i have it connected to the alpine blackbird, and im very happy with it, its cool because i can take the blackbird out and use it in other cars if needed. its a bit pricy but for my needs its perfect.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.