aftermarket radio install

This is a discussion on aftermarket radio install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; maybe someone here knows the answer to this. when you install a single din head unit in a 07 wrx ...

aftermarket radio install

maybe someone here knows the answer to this. when you install a single din head unit in a 07 wrx waggon do you need a bracket kit?? the car came with the 6 disc changer (double din). i have asked at a few of the shops in town and i am having a hard time getting a straight answer.
    also what are you guys doing with the extra space left in the dash? is there some kind of insert to cover up the hole?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by climbnsparky View Post
    maybe someone here knows the answer to this. when you install a single din head unit in a 07 wrx waggon do you need a bracket kit?? the car came with the 6 disc changer (double din). i have asked at a few of the shops in town and i am having a hard time getting a straight answer.
    also what are you guys doing with the extra space left in the dash? is there some kind of insert to cover up the hole?

thanks
    Dont think you do, as the brackets come off of the stock HU and bolt onto the aftermarket HU. I just threw the squirll cage away.

You will need something to take up the xtra space though. You can order a forester pocket (has flap door) or the WRX TR pocket (no door)
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Double Din FTW!!......my unit used the stock HU mounting brackets............
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2