Gauges!?!? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauges!?!? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed thanks... they are 60mm... at first i wanted psi like you but i saw the opening ...

Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed
    thanks...

they are 60mm...

at first i wanted psi like you but i saw the opening and closing mode of these gauges and i was sold..too damn cool
    I'm almost sold on these gauges, I just wish they were cheaper. =)

How bright are they? Like I said, I changed my dash lights to blue. I'd like gauges that light blue or white. I like how these are white, but if they are too bright it wouldn't look right at all. Plus I don't want the brightness messing with my eyes while driving.

My turbo timer is already in bar. And I'd like to be able to glance at a gauge and KNOW what PSI I'm getting without having to think about it in my head.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by verbal
    I'm almost sold on these gauges, I just wish they were cheaper. =)

How bright are they? Like I said, I changed my dash lights to blue. I'd like gauges that light blue or white. I like how these are white, but if they are too bright it wouldn't look right at all. Plus I don't want the brightness messing with my eyes while driving.

My turbo timer is already in bar. And I'd like to be able to glance at a gauge and KNOW what PSI I'm getting without having to think about it in my head.
    Brightness can be adjusted. There are 10 stages of brightness, 5 stages in the daytime and 5 stages in the nighttime. The brightness decreases being interlocked with the illumination switch on. What you see in the pics is as bright as they get.

Check out the opening and closing mode too...this is what sold me...

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/dl/bf/bf_top.htm
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Awesome...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Question

I wanted to pose a question to the list regarding gauge choice. I am developing another package that will have higher-end gauges and wanted to know what everyone would prefer. I think that the choice would be between Greddy, Defi, and Omori. If you were buying gauges indifidually, or as a kit, which would you prefer?

Thanks in advance.

J.B. Hebert
    www.WRXtra.com
    J.B. Hebert
    www.WRXtra.com

you can see which one i went with as a kit
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

Your Defi gauges look awesome. I'm just wondering if most people are willing to spend that much money for the extra features. I can certainly say that if money was no object, Defi would be the easy choice. And they'd look good in the STi, too.
    J.B. Hebert
    www.WRXtra.com

true...

i guess it all really depends on the bank....
    -Brian

I was also looking for gauges that have a blue black-light, so i looked into the colbalts and only found them on one site.

http://www.wrx-performance.com/catal...products_id=54

I really like the way it looks at night, but does this include everything i need to use the gauge and i was also wanted the boost gauge.
    P.S.
    If anyone has a site that sells those gauges any cheaper, can u please show me it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Question

WRC_Obsessed: Very KEWL! I couldn't tell for certain from the picture but are the gauges facing the driver?
    --------------------------------
    MY03 Sonic Yellow Sedan

they are facing straight back...for some reason it doesn't look that way in the pics :shrug:
    -Brian

I have found that Summit Racing seems to have the best prices on AutoMeter. They list the Cobalt EGT gauge at $159.95. According to AutoMeter, the gauge comes with the probe and 8' of thermocouple wire.
    J.B. Hebert
    www.WRXtra.com

I know somebody with the Cobalts and I gotta say, they look damn good on a WRB WRX. Really nice backlighting, they look much cooler than my Sport Comps.

I think i have deceided to get the Cobalts but i have question. I think i read on a thread that the egt gauge only reads to 1600f but do i need to find a gauge that can more degrees? I only plan do do a turbo-back with a vinshu re-flashand a few other little mods, I wont be doing the turbo anytime soon, so do i really need a gauge that reads higher temps, and if not, is there a page with shows what it takes a air-fuel, boost, and egt Cobalt guages? Thanks for the help again guys!!!!!!!!!!

There has been some debate on what kind of EGTs the WRX can reach. Some people say that once you've hit 1600 deg you've got problems anyways, while others say that at 1600 you're just warming up. The only complaint I've heard with the AutoMeter EGT gauge is that the probe can burn out. Some people have used other manufaturer's probes with the AutoMeter gauge with good results. I'm not sure I understand your last sentence. Are you looking for pictures of those gauges installed?
    J.B. Hebert
    www.WRXtra.com

Yeah, i just wanted to know if anyone had any pics of colbalt gauges instaled in a car. And thanks for telling me about the heat question. From what ive read, I should put the probe 2-3 inches any from the #3 cilinder, right? anyways, Thank for helping me out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast