Subaru WRX Forum banner

Gauges!?!?

13K views 74 replies 32 participants last post by  AE2RSM 
#1 ·
So what kind of gauges does everyone use in here and what type?? Boost, egt, oil...? I know that autometer is the best for its price but how accurate are they? I wanted to get some that are backlit and preferably electrical..dont know much about tapping those mechanical gauges. What does everyone suggest? I was planning on running 3 gauges on a center gauge pod or somethin like the oem one you can buy from the dealer..anyone here got a package they wanna sell?

Thanks!!

#53 ·
I was also looking for gauges that have a blue black-light, so i looked into the colbalts and only found them on one site.

http://www.wrx-performance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26_38&products_id=54

I really like the way it looks at night, but does this include everything i need to use the gauge and i was also wanted the boost gauge.
P.S.
If anyone has a site that sells those gauges any cheaper, can u please show me it.

Thanks for the help guys.:D

#58 ·
I think i have deceided to get the Cobalts but i have question. I think i read on a thread that the egt gauge only reads to 1600f but do i need to find a gauge that can more degrees? I only plan do do a turbo-back with a vinshu re-flashand a few other little mods, I wont be doing the turbo anytime soon, so do i really need a gauge that reads higher temps, and if not, is there a page with shows what it takes a air-fuel, boost, and egt Cobalt guages? Thanks for the help again guys!!!!!!!!!!:p

#59 ·
There has been some debate on what kind of EGTs the WRX can reach. Some people say that once you've hit 1600 deg you've got problems anyways, while others say that at 1600 you're just warming up. The only complaint I've heard with the AutoMeter EGT gauge is that the probe can burn out. Some people have used other manufaturer's probes with the AutoMeter gauge with good results. I'm not sure I understand your last sentence. Are you looking for pictures of those gauges installed?

#68 ·
what is the difference between mechanical and electric boost gauge ?

and what color is the BG light on the Autometer?
what type is a good one?

#73 ·
I have Autometer Sport Comp EGT (Pyrometer) on the left and Boost on the right. These are the 2 1/16" gauges mounted in gauge cups on the steering column.

The EGT sorta blocks the fuel gauge a tad but it doesn't bother me.

With the green bulb cover for the back-light in these gauges, they match very well to the stock dash lights... except the orange needles.

#74 ·
Here's mine so far.

That's an Omori 45mm Elec. Boost Gauge in the stock steering column rubber cup. The digital gauge where the clock used to be is from a MY98 Impreza/Forester. It's a compass, outside temp and an inaccurate baro/altimeter as well.

Vostok 7

#75 ·
Autometer is making a 2 gauge holder that mates to the front of your speedo cluster. I cannot remember the name of it, but they made them for the Integra and Civic Si. Perfect for those of you who want to run more than 3 gauges, or just run 2 stealth like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.