Gauges!?!? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Gauges!?!? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; nyxjf-- that is a big ripoff at 9... those are autometer gauges and they sell for about - each i ...

nyxjf-- that is a big ripoff at $399... those are autometer gauges and they sell for about $50-$60 each i believe... the housing is probably $75-$100 but i dont really know. even if it cost more its still not a good deal at all...

racenut-- unless you already decided you didnt want to go this way, another option for your gauges is an a-pillar, where you can just use two gauges mounted there. i think its a better spot to be able to keep an eye on your gauges anyways.

o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think I would only go with a pillar mount if the 3 positions afforded by the dash pod were all used up. Mine is a wagon, so I've heard there are not any A pillar replacements, so I would have to use a partial and mount it on there somehow, and paint it.. and by the time I was done it would just look like cheap crap. Also, my wife drives this car M-F, it's my weekend hot rod , and she doesn't like the pillar mounts in the pictures I've found to show her.

If I need a 4th guage (I hope not), I could go to a steering pod mount turbo, then the 3 in the dash pod. Anyway.. thanks for the suggestion.

But I'm thinking Boost, EGT and Oil Pressure would be my choice, but maybe I'm missing something?

does anyone know if the gauges in the oem performance guage pack are backlit? I asked some guy and he said that there is a small bulb in them...i dont really know what he was talkin about. any pics?

type 1 - yes they are backlit but from what i hear they are kind of dim... i have heard complaints about them in the past
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

While were gaugein stuff here:

Who makes a SINGLE Gauge POD? (for Autometer E.G.T)

I think that and a Boost is all I need for now.

Shotgun

Originally posted by ShotgunTC88
    While were gaugein stuff here:

Who makes a SINGLE Gauge POD? (for Autometer E.G.T)

I think that and a Boost is all I need for now.

Shotgun
    are you looking for a pod to replace the clock on the dash? if so i am not aware of anyone making a single pod...

you could always mount the boost gauge on the steering column...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I Support ClubWRX
    Shotgun,

I've got a single A pillar dash pod on order from Subie Gal. She had some before, but ran out. There are 52mm and 60mm sizes available.

Here's the link:
    http://www.subiegal.com/For%20Sale/forsale.htm

And here's the link to the photo:

I'll probably get the Omari boost gauge to go with it in my Wagon.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by smorris; 01-08-2003 at 02:02 AM.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

on the subject of gauges-

have any of you guys with the a-piller pods had any problems with the cops or anything? it just seems to me that a big tall cluster of gauges right next to the drivers side window would be a cop magnet.

maybe im just being paranoid, but couldnt cops use the gauges as probable cause to see exactly how super tuned and emissions illegal your car is?

i think they look cool, but i want more of the discreet sleeper look so am leaning more towards the center pod when i get my gauges...

Originally posted by SacWagon
    on the subject of gauges-

have any of you guys with the a-piller pods had any problems with the cops or anything? it just seems to me that a big tall cluster of gauges right next to the drivers side window would be a cop magnet.

maybe im just being paranoid, but couldnt cops use the gauges as probable cause to see exactly how super tuned and emissions illegal your car is?

i think they look cool, but i want more of the discreet sleeper look so am leaning more towards the center pod when i get my gauges...
    part of the reason i went with the defi pod...that and that i think the a-piller is a little ricey for my taste...
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

S Morris,WRC O.

Thats the one!!!

I saw it before but couldnt find it. (Subie Gal)

Thanks Shotgun

I wasn't going to say anything, since I'm not a registered vendor, but since you brought my product up, I'll try to explain why the price is what it is. The gauges are actually one of the lesser expenses of that kit. Where the price goes up is in the small parts, the aluminum faceplate, the braided stainless lines, the fully loomed 300deg TXL wire in the harness, etc. If you don't feel that it is worth the price, that is your decision. However, I can tell you that at that price I am barely making a profit. I also feel that my kit is much better than the OEM Subaru kit that runs from $550 to $650. I may be able to offer a discount to club members. Email me at jhebert@wrxtra.com or PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking.

J.B.
    WRXtra

Originally posted by nyxjf
    dang.... These gauges cost fortune!
    Do you guys thing
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1876430286
    is worth the money?

I'm looking for gauges myself. Want boost, oil temp, and EGT. But I'm still trying to find some good electronic gauges that light up blue or white (I changed my dash lights to blue, so I'd like it to match) AND are in regular units (PSI!) Not having much luck though. I like the Autometer Cobalts, but they are damn expensive and they don't have oil temp. I like the defi BFs, but boost is in bar. How about the regular defi gauges listed on www.fastwrx.com? Anybody know what color they light?

Anybody have any suggestions?

verbal:

The Apex EL gauges are white and light up blue. they offer both electronic and mechanical gauges. but apex only offers a mechanical boost gauge that read psi. the electronic boost gauge is in kpa (bar).

check out http://www.worldoneperformance.com

look in the gauges section under apex gauges and it shows a large picture of the gauge lit up in blue.

the only problem that you might find is price (according to your statement about the colbolt autometer gauges price).

Originally posted by mbpWRX
    verbal:

The Apex EL gauges are white and light up blue. they offer both electronic and mechanical gauges. but apex only offers a mechanical boost gauge that read psi. the electronic boost gauge is in kpa (bar).

check out http://www.worldoneperformance.com

look in the gauges section under apex gauges and it shows a large picture of the gauge lit up in blue.

the only problem that you might find is price (according to your statement about the colbolt autometer gauges price).
    Thanks for the reply, but I checked those out a while ago. I don't like how the whole face lights up a light cyan. Thanks anyway!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.