Questions about my STI Gauges

This is a discussion on Questions about my STI Gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i have some STI Gauges on my WRX. Just wondering what some of the symbols ment. I see one ...

Questions about my STI Gauges

So i have some STI Gauges on my WRX.

Just wondering what some of the symbols ment.

I see one that says dccd or somethign like that. Just wondering what that ment.

Also i see a sign that says out temp. Im guessing that the temperature outside but it says 35. And it is not 35 degrees were i live in so. cal.

I see one that sas rear def temp. or something like tha just wondering what that ment.

And

There are these errows that point down, and have a few more errows following those pointing down. they dont light up, but just wondering that they mean.

thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok even tho i dont own a Suby at all lemme see if i can answer this for ya. The DCCD would be right behind the shifter, it should be a wheel switch. That allows you to split the power between 65% rear and 35% front, to 50-50. That should also solve the question you have about the arrows on the cluster, they should move when you roll the DCCD.

The outside tempature may be in Celisus but i have no idea on how to change that you would have to ask someone who owns the car.

hope that helped

ohh thanks man,

Yeah i remember hearing about the power tot eh rear and front.

but since i have a wrx not an sti i guess what dosent really apply to me.

thanks,

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Your WRX doesn't have DCCD, but the STi does. Basically, that portion of the gauge cluster isn't useful to you, but should be somewhat inspiring to one day have the STi six speed.

The rear diff temp light is on because, as I understand it, the rear diff in a WRX doesn't have a temp sensor, but the STi does.

Finally, the temp gauge is reading in Farenheit (provided you bought the cluster from a USDM STi), but it is wrong because there is no outside air temperature gauge installed in the WRX. I'm not exactly sure why it still displays a temperature, mine usually reads 42 degrees when its above 60-ish degrees outside, but does display lower temps as the outside temp drops below that.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~