Air/Heat on full whistles

This is a discussion on Air/Heat on full whistles within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When I turn my air/heat on full - i think the setting is 4? - I've got a crazy whistling ...

Air/Heat on full whistles

When I turn my air/heat on full - i think the setting is 4? - I've got a crazy whistling noise. Turn it down to 3, the problem goes away. is this standard? I bought my 02 used and its done that since I got it. Going to try to get to the bottom of this noise today. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!
    02 wagon stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dam really? Nobody else has this issue? I didn't get around to it over this past weekend, its been a little too cold. Is there an intake on the pass side near the feet for heat/air? That seems to be where its coming from. Maybe there is something stuck up in there..??
    02 wagon stock

Quote Originally Posted by fossill View Post
    Dam really? Nobody else has this issue? I didn't get around to it over this past weekend, its been a little too cold. Is there an intake on the pass side near the feet for heat/air? That seems to be where its coming from. Maybe there is something stuck up in there..??
    never had the issue but I would imagine that the fan is behind the blove box, maybe a new fan would fix this, but good luck with it
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Hmmm, good idea! I'll check the fan too. I didn't know it was behind the box but I'll take a look....when its warmer.
    02 wagon stock