WRX Wagon, How Much Room?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Wagon, How Much Room? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is there enough room in the back of a WRX Wagon for an average guy (5'10") to get some sleep ...

WRX Wagon, How Much Room?

Is there enough room in the back of a WRX Wagon for an average guy (5'10") to get some sleep on a regular basis?

I'm looking at getting into the driveaway business. Basically I would be delivering new/used trucks, cars, RVs ect. from one point to another; usually from the factory to the dealer or end user. One of the most difficult things about doing this is getting to your next vehicle. You are paid by the mile while in the vehicle you're delivering, but you have to find (and pay) your own way to the next vehicle.

If a person can minimize their expenses, it pays pretty good. That's where a WRX Wagon would come in. Most companies allow you to tow a car behind the delivery vehicle depending on certain circumstances. I would want a car that got pretty good mileage, but I still need enough room that I could catch a good 6-8 hours of sleep during a long haul (trying to minimize motel expenses).
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess you could, but if that was a huge criterion for buying a vehicle, I'd look into something more practical for sleeping. The Legacy wagon might be a better bet if you're looking for Subaru only. If you want something cheap and good to sleep in, the older Volvo wagons are w3some.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

A Legacy was my next choice, but I really like my WRX. Plus, I want a wagon for an STi conversion down the road...

Haven't made up my mind yet, though. I'm also thinking about a New Beetle 1.8t or Turbodiesel. Those things are a bit bigger on the inside than a WRX. Mileage is probably a bigger consideration than sleeping room, but I'm not going to settle for something on mileage only. I want something that's going to be fun between jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin View Post
    A Legacy was my next choice, but I really like my WRX. Plus, I want a wagon for an STi conversion down the road...

Haven't made up my mind yet, though. I'm also thinking about a New Beetle 1.8t or Turbodiesel. Those things are a bit bigger on the inside than a WRX. Mileage is probably a bigger consideration than sleeping room, but I'm not going to settle for something on mileage only. I want something that's going to be fun between jobs.

Well it's not going to be super-comfy, but with both seats down you 'll sure be able to stretch...GO to a dealer and try it!

Not sure if this is what you mean...but I wouldn't tow a WRX behind your delivery vehicle.

Unless...it is up on a trailer (all four wheels).

Patrick
    RSX-S
    Sold: '03 WRX Wagon (bugeyes rock!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Jetta TDI wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by pweizman View Post
    Not sure if this is what you mean...but I wouldn't tow a WRX behind your delivery vehicle.

Unless...it is up on a trailer (all four wheels).

Patrick
    No, I'm going to tow it four down. No trailer. Shouldn't be a problem with a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Jetta TDI wagon.
    I suppose...I'm not a big fan of the Jetta, though.

I'm pretty much stuck on an Impreza or Legacy wagon, or maybe a Forester. If I could get a TDI Beetle cheap enough I'd go with it.

I just want to be able to knock off a couple of nights a week in a motel, stay out of rental cars as much as possible, and limit air travel to just the longest trips. That will more than make my car payment. The less I spend the more I make.

No, I'm going to tow it four down. No trailer. Shouldn't be a problem with a manual.
    http://www.subaru.com/owners/carcare...OWING_A_SUBARU

You should be ok....

Patrick
    RSX-S
    Sold: '03 WRX Wagon (bugeyes rock!)

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That may be for short hauls or emergencies. Towing in neutral for long distances (or possibly even short ones) is likely to do damage, I believe because the shift lever bounces around and the gears can grind. You could go for some drive line disconnects.

I could not picture sleeping comfortably in the back of my wagon either, BTW. I have been tempted but just looking at it opted for the tent without even trying. It isn't flat and is not long enough (I also am 5'10"). My wife is 4'9" and barely fits comfortably.

How regular is regular?
    You will probably get erked by it, if you do it alot. If you do do it, however, get an egg crate for comfort.
    I've slept with the back seats down and it is ok. I am a shade over 5'10''.
    Awake, the back is only tolerable for stays at the drive in.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxlude View Post
    How regular is regular?
    You will probably get erked by it, if you do it alot. If you do do it, however, get an egg crate for comfort.
    I've slept with the back seats down and it is ok. I am a shade over 5'10''.
    Awake, the back is only tolerable for stays at the drive in with Elizabeth Braddock.

^^^
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

I just ran out to my car and lay down. I'm 6'2" and I could just about stretch out fully when lying diagnol. Also when the back seats our down the ridge ridge on the top-back makes a nice little pillow area. I'd suggest a tempur-pedic-like pad and comforter and you'll be good to go.

On a side note I drove a 2007 Lecagy wagon for about 5 days while my car was being repaired and I couldn't wait to get my WRX back. The thing handled like a boat, a very long boat. I need a sport wagon, not a soccer mom wagon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.