Prosport electronic boost question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Prosport electronic boost question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed my gauges and took it to a shop to have the EGT gauge done. When they hooked it ...

Prosport electronic boost question

I installed my gauges and took it to a shop to have the EGT gauge done. When they hooked it up, they took it out for a drive and told me my boost gauge was acting weird. They said it was reacting very slowly and did not seem to be reading totally accurately. The needle doesnt move very quickly and it doesnt even get to "0" until after i can tell the boost has kicked in. We hooked up mechanical gauge they had at the shop and everything worked fine. It either has to be the gauge or the only other thing i could think of is maybe its a side effect from the gauge being electronic. anyone have any experience or insites perhaps?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so is your gauge showing boost or is it just moving around in vac?? the gauge being eletrical should not be an issue
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

If i really get on the car it will eventually get up to about 13 psi which seem a little less than it should be. So no, its not just in vacuum

Bump in hopes of a reply

It should be reading almost 15 psi at full boost (14.5psi). I have the prosport boost Gauge and it spends most of its time in vacuum(Unless you get on it and spool the turbo all the way up). Mine was reading low also when I put it in. One of the vacuum lines wasn't on all the way. Check them real good. Make sure there are no kinks in the line.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

Does it still ready slow after checking the hoses? As for mine, like i said before, we hooked it up to another boost gauge which read with no problem! So i dont think its the line. We also tried hooking up a seperate tube to make sure.

i would call prosport and talk to them, the gauge shouldnt be reading slow. especially since you tried a different gauge and it all worked fine. get prosport to sway the gauge out.
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.