Floor Mats
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Floor Mats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just moved to the snow, and I want to know who makes the best mud mat style floor mat ...

Floor Mats

I just moved to the snow, and I want to know who makes the best mud mat style floor mat for my 2004 Subaru WRX STI... any suggestions!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subaru makes some nice rubber mats.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

+1 for the rubber subaru mats

I Support ClubWRX
    +2 for subaru. I have them in my car right now. First week i had them wife asian chicken salad dumped into one and they held everything even the dressing

Btw my car was only a month old at the time
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

+3

The King of Parts has them in stock and ready to ship! ->J5010SS400

www.thekingofparts.com for 37.34

paypal tjsmith@fredbeans.com

or call 800-220-2141 amd ask for tristan
    www.thekingofparts.com - AIM - thekingofparts - We can get you anything-Tristan - Stage VF34 powered 03 WRX, Jeremy - 06 Legacy pm us for special deals...

Anyone else have an issue with the OEM rubber mats?

They are high quality/nice weight but dont cover enough of the floor in my 06 and are so rigid that they don't lay down the way they should.

I pulled mine out and put some heavy duty buth high quality generic mats down that I cut to fit- a little less expensive and I dont have to worry about the carpet getting any snow/salt stains where the subie versions would not cover.

Just make sure you take the Subaru mats out to your car and test the fitment before you buy them.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitteeup View Post
    Anyone else have an issue with the OEM rubber mats?

They are high quality/nice weight but dont cover enough of the floor in my 06 and are so rigid that they don't lay down the way they should.

I pulled mine out and put some heavy duty buth high quality generic mats down that I cut to fit- a little less expensive and I dont have to worry about the carpet getting any snow/salt stains where the subie versions would not cover.

Just make sure you take the Subaru mats out to your car and test the fitment before you buy them.
    The OE ones are a little small,so if you live in an area with a lot of snow/salt I think you have the right idea.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Yea, I do live in the snow. I'll take it down to kragen or pep boys this week.

I Support ClubWRX
    There are several different types of Subaru rubber floor mats. There is the typical one(all weather), diagonal serrations that can be found just about everywhere. I have a set of rubbers with little bumps and dimples (hehe sounds dirty I know) at the floor plate area and have horizontal heel-pad ridges under your feet to anchor. I think there are others as well.

Mine aren't very deep for the same reason they are good for driving. In in cars, I try to kick the crap on the boots before getting in....girls don't always understand this bit but they often wear thin high heels in winter but nice(and which don't pick up the grit much anyway.)

I got the Subaru rubber all weather ones for xmas. I agree that they do not fit well. They are a bit small and they definitely do NOT lay flat. You would have thought that if they were a bit molded to the curve of the floor they would have been better. But it's alot better than not having them.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #19

'06 wrx limited

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=510

Around the middle of the page are the general all-weather mats. I've never had these in my car, but a few friends do and they stay flat and should be anchored by that little plastic stud.

That said, if one was hardcore about it....pull out the mats, pull out the carpets and use bedliner!

Quote Originally Posted by schischwein View Post
    http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=510

Around the middle of the page are the general all-weather mats. I've never had these in my car, but a few friends do and they stay flat and should be anchored by that little plastic stud.

That said, if one was hardcore about it....pull out the mats, pull out the carpets and use bedliner!
    www.thekingofparts.com - AIM - thekingofparts - We can get you anything-Tristan - Stage VF34 powered 03 WRX, Jeremy - 06 Legacy pm us for special deals...

+1 on subaru mats, they may be stiff at first but will in a week or 2 mold themselves to the contor of the floor
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Quote Originally Posted by bkotzman00 View Post
    +1 on subaru mats, they may be stiff at first but will in a week or 2 mold themselves to the contor of the floor
    What bkotzman00 said, mine completely conformed to the floor contours after a couple weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodshot View Post
    What bkotzman00 said, mine completely conformed to the floor contours after a couple weeks...
    Do they cover the whole floor? I need them because I'm living in snow right now!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.