Subaru WRX Forum banner

vacuum line for boost gauge

22K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  wrXmon 
#1 ·
sorry if this sounds stupid, but has anyone heard of installing boost gauge vacuum line off the tubing coming from the waistgait - this would theoretically seem like a great place to measure pure boost pressure, just wondering if anyone knows if a lined teed in downstream of where the line providing the reading to the ECM would at all affect ECM readings and therefore change signals to the wastegate control solenoid?

#2 ·
You are supposed to run it off of the manifold vacuum line. Heres where i installed mine... hope it helps.

#3 ·
here's a close up.... It's the white T-fitting..

#6 · (Edited)
My directions for my prosport boost gauge said to run the vacuum for the gauge off of a manifold vacuum line. thats a manifold vacuum line and it works perfectly. But I could be wrong... ask more people

#20 ·
I "T"d off of the BOV vacume line and I feel I get very accurate readings. I tried going off the wastegate solenoid vac. line and got no reading. You can also use the vacume line on the intake manifold like showed earlier and that would also be accurate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.