Alarm Programming

This is a discussion on Alarm Programming within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought my Wagon earlier this year and the dealer was waiting on getting a shipment of Alarm remotes so ...

Question Alarm Programming

I bought my Wagon earlier this year and the dealer was waiting on getting a shipment of Alarm remotes so they gave me a Due Bill to come back and pick up a second remote.. During the wait I had installed an Apexi Autotimer. When I came back to the dealer they said they had to remove the TT completely so they could properly program the remote, which would have costed somewhere around $2-300.00 for labor.

I'm asking if anyone know's how to program the remotes for the stock Subaru alarm. I think it was due to the wire cut during the TT install. I can easilly rewire the alarm but want to know how program the remote. I've had several problems with this dealer in Walnut Creek, CA and thier service dept being extremely difficult to deal with and I don't want to have to go back to the dealer.

-alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's a load of crap. As long as the TT is installed properly, you should be fine.

I think the proper procedure for setting the alarm remotes is as follows:

1) With the door closed and all doors unlocked, cycle the ignition from off to on 10 times(do not start the engine).
    2) On the 10th time, you should hear the horn beep. leave the key in the on position that time
    3) Press the lock button on the remote you want to program. The doors should lock
    4) Turn the car off and try the remote.
    5) Find a new dealership.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Is this Diablo Mazda/Subaru you are talking about???

I bought my car there and will be taking it in for a warrantied clutch in a little while, I had a feeling they would be a head-ache to deal with. I've heard that the Subaru in Marin is supposed to be pretty good in the service department. I've also heard Santa Cruz has a good one. If you're like me though, those are pretty far to drive to. Good luck, you might want to try Oakland or Albany too, I don't think their any better, but they might do the work without giving you a head-ache about the TT.

-Jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***