Wiring Harness for 06 -07?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wiring Harness for 06 -07? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my wife has an 07 forester - i have an 06 wrx and she wants to get a DVD head ...

Wiring Harness for 06 -07?

my wife has an 07 forester - i have an 06 wrx and she wants to get a DVD head unit installed in her Forester. I figured the factory wiring harness should be the same for both vehicles so that is why i am posting here.
    We have not been able to find a harness for the 07 or 06 models ( and where we can get one)- is there something we are missing. It is for a panasonic dvd player. Let em know what all info i need to post as this is new to me. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Correct me if i am wrong.. but crutchfield has a forward harness for the 2005 models, 14 pin it looks like. does anyone know what the 06-07 reverse (factory) harness looks like and will it match up with the one at crutchfield. I am thinking it will, just dont want to rip my HU out to see just yet.

I guess i should have done more research before posting.. sorry fellas. This is what i have found out. the 06 harness (after i tore out my HU) is a 14 pin harness. it matches up well with the forward harness that crutchfield sells (for the 04-05 model wrx - since 06-07 are not available). The only thing is - the one crutchfield provides #8901 (last four #'s) is a 13 pin. The one PIN that is missing is the Dimmer PIN. At least that is what i came up with after hours of comparison and research (please someone correct me if i am wrong). I am still not sure it the 07 forester is the same (i would assume so).

So - all that said - i think i will try and do the installation myself. Something else i ran into while searching is the old "ground the parking brake" wire to the chasis or bare metal. The way this was done when this DVD HU was installed in my element was that we tapped the green (parking brake) wire into the black ground wire on the HU harness. Thus - having full time DVD while rolling. Please correct me if this is the wrong way to do it. Thanks again all

ooooops one correction as to not make a mistake.. it is technically PIN 7 that is the Dimmer pin - which should be the one missing from the #8901 harness from crutchfield.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.