help me out, indash dvd related.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on help me out, indash dvd related. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought a Dual in dash dvd player. So i put it in my car no prob. Now i try ...

help me out, indash dvd related.

I bought a Dual in dash dvd player. So i put it in my car no prob.

Now i try to watch a movie and i get a screen that says i need to have the handbrake on. So the manual said connect the wire to the handbrake. So i did and it worked for a while then it stoped working. So i checked everything and it still dident work. Then i re-wired it to my power mirrors and it worked. Now this morning it stoped working. So i tried to connecting ti back to the handbrake but it still not working.

Has anyone done this before and know were i should wire it to?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just ground it to a switch and voila, tv while you are driving
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

thanks, but im still kind of lost.

gound it to a switch??

what switch? or what do you mean by switch?

on a dual indash you can bypass the e-brake feature by grounding the brake wire out (connect it to the ground wire) now on some of the new duals if you read the installation instructions there is a step by step process on setting up the e-brake function ie. turn ignition on, set brake and release brake all within 5 seconds. then ground the wire out and you now have video while driving.
    almost forgot, if you want to bypass it you would turn the igintion on, tap the wire to ground, release and then connect it to ground
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

Quote Originally Posted by John_M View Post
    on a dual indash you can bypass the e-brake feature by grounding the brake wire out (connect it to the ground wire) now on some of the new duals if you read the installation instructions there is a step by step process on setting up the e-brake function ie. turn ignition on, set brake and release brake all within 5 seconds. then ground the wire out and you now have video while driving.
    almost forgot, if you want to bypass it you would turn the igintion on, tap the wire to ground, release and then connect it to ground

i'm using the same deck right now

it has a "sequence" they call it in order to bypass it

mine is hooked up to a switch

the deck must be powered on with the wire grounded, then to watch video you unground the wire for 3-5 seconds, then re-ground it

if you hook it upto the parking brake this means you must power the deck on with the ebrake engaged, then dissengage it, then re-engage it a few seconds later

if you use a switch, it's much easier and will allow your passengers to watch video while on the road

Alright guys, i kind of got it but im still confused. its prob becuase its late at night and im tires.

I will try everything you guys said tomorow.

hopefully i get it.

i just want to watch video moving or not moving.

**** now im lost.......

I have been having problems with my dual din as well. this maybe it.

From what I have diagnosed My indash will not power on at times if the car has been sitting like overnight , soo I go under the hood and disconnect the battery and like 10 seconds later reconnect it. That seems to make it work about 90% of the time. But Im still haveing a hard time understanding this so-called sequence, and grounding technique.
    New England F4

Turbo XS Bov FS/Trade (HKS sequential)

Quote Originally Posted by Newera09 View Post
    **** now im lost.......

I have been having problems with my dual din as well. this maybe it.

From what I have diagnosed My indash will not power on at times if the car has been sitting like overnight , soo I go under the hood and disconnect the battery and like 10 seconds later reconnect it. That seems to make it work about 90% of the time. But Im still haveing a hard time understanding this so-called sequence, and grounding technique.
    the sequence is simple bro

hook up the wire to a switch, run the other lead on the switch to a ground

before the deck is powered on, make sure the switch is turned on/grounded. after you've put in whatever video and the blue screen pops up, flip the switch to the off/ungrounded position for about 5 seconds, then flip it back on/grounded and poof, your video will work untill you turn your car back off

if you have it hooked to your e-brake, use the same sequence only subsituting the grounded position of the switch with setting the e-brake and vise versa
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 12-14-2006 at 12:55 AM.

alright i get what your saying.

Now the only problem im having is that i cant get any video feed at all.

Even if i grounded to anything or even the handbrake gound and the wire taht goes to the dash.

So im wondering if you could help me out on were to connect the wire that is supposed to go to the hand brake.

OK, get yourself a toggle switch, connect it to your radio using the ebrake wire. then get another wire, connect it to the same switch, and ground the other end of that wire. now when you turn your car on it'll say something like it cannot be viewed when its moving, just flip that switch and it should work. simple what kind of indash is it btw?
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN91709 View Post
    now when you turn your car on it'll say something like it cannot be viewed when its moving, just flip that switch and it should work. simple what kind of indash is it btw?
    no, that will NOT work on these decks

it's VERY picky

the wire from the deck must be grounded when the deck is powered on! if it is not you will have to power down the deck, ground out the wire, and then re-power the deck

once the deck has been powered on with the wire allready grounded, then insert the dvd and wait for the blue screen telling you that you cannot watch video with the vehicle moving

THEN you flip the switch and in doing so unground the wire. leave it in this position for 5 seconds

THEN flip the switch back on grounding the wire once again. leave it in this position with the wire grounded to continue to watch video

if you dont follow these steps exactly, it wont work

this is referring to the newer dual/jensen systems

Alright rick, i see what you say i will try it, Thanks.

also were should i gorund the wire, from what ive seen it only works in the e-brake ground and the powermirror connection.

any suggestions?

my switch is nex to my shifter

there's a few factory grounding points behind the deck
    i ran a wire from one of those grounding points and the wire from the deck down under the trim pieces and hooked them upto the switch

i knew i should have taken pictures of the install

ohh ok.

So is the black wire that says 12v is taht one of the grounding points???

im not soo sure what to connect to, if you describe were you connected your too it would help alot.

THANKS

if you're talking about the little black wire that has a clip on the end that hooks to the mounting bracket for the deck itself then yes, that'll work too

i'll try to get a pic for you in the morning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.