V1-Mount

This is a discussion on V1-Mount within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I trotted this out with the Hawk-eyes but didn't get any feedback, so here it is.... my v1 is hardwired ...

V1-Mount

I trotted this out with the Hawk-eyes but didn't get any feedback, so here it is....

my v1 is hardwired and its sunctioned on to the area of all the black dots on my windshield (top-center), it doesn't SEEM to be losing any range, does anyone think it actually is? Anything factual to prove either it is or isn't....any thoughts. thanks guys later.
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's debatable whether or not it reduces RADAR range, but I can assure you that you've completely eliminimated the V1's ability to pick up LIDAR scatter. I really think that for the extra range the 6" may or may not give you that you're better off bringing it down below the RVM. Also, you've reduced your ability to pick up laser from the rear.

I do know guys that have mounted in that area take a razer blade scrapper and remove the dots. To me that's a little extreme just to mount the RD 6 inches higher.

I go to www.radardetector.net and it's a great forum. If you search it you'll find all kinds of posts on this very topic.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

Quote Originally Posted by Robert46123 View Post
    It's debatable whether or not it reduces RADAR range, but I can assure you that you've completely eliminimated the V1's ability to pick up LIDAR scatter. I really think that for the extra range the 6" may or may not give you that you're better off bringing it down below the RVM. Also, you've reduced your ability to pick up laser from the rear.

I do know guys that have mounted in that area take a razer blade scrapper and remove the dots. To me that's a little extreme just to mount the RD 6 inches higher.

I go to www.radardetector.net and it's a great forum. If you search it you'll find all kinds of posts on this very topic.
    Thanks man, I'll check it out!
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers