Which wrx seats are least aggressive?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which wrx seats are least aggressive? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I'm looking to possibly get an 02-03 wrx wagon if i can sell my 06. But there is ...

Which wrx seats are least aggressive?

Hey guys, I'm looking to possibly get an 02-03 wrx wagon if i can sell my 06. But there is something i need to know.

I never found the 06 seats to be particularly comfortable, the back was fine, but the thigh area was actually rather uncomfortable for me, I'm 6'3" 285lbs, so im not exactly a stick of a man. What i would like to know is if the bug-eye seats are any less aggressive? or at least have more padding?

My 03 focus svt has by far the most comfortable seats ive ever sat in, and they are black leather recaros, i'm not expecting quite on the same level as recaros, but i would hope they are more comfortable than the 06 seat? ( for a guy of my size i should say )

basically, it's the seat bottom bolsters that were the problem, there was so little padding in the 06 seat that it felt like my thighs were being jabbed with metal at every corner i take. ( and i take A LOT of corners in to work. ortega highway )

if anyone could possibly answer that question for me, i'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks as always!
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey man, don't know if this will help but I'll try.

I've had an 06 and 04 premium wrx and the seats have been pretty similar, but for the leather on the 06. The 04 seats were fairly comfortable, but it would be my guess that 06 TR seats, or RS seats would be the "least agressive". However, the STI, I think has recaros? I don't know how comfy they are, never ridden in one....but I don't know anything about the 02-03 wrx seats themselves, probably mid-agressiveness between an RS and an STI...you could do a swap, I almost positive some people have done that on the forum...

One question if you don't mind me inquring, Why are you selling the 06? Any reasons in particular...?
    gJb Hawk-Eye Alliance #002

Mets
    Giants
    Rangers

Insurance.... ($427/month is just too much for me or anyone else to pay.)

it's my fault, my bad driving when i was younger really caught up to me. then the total BS ticket i got a few months ago was the proverbial nail in the coffin.

i'm paying dearly for it now.

Oddly enough if i get an older one, it'll be about the same as what i pay on the focus right now ( $175/month )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The '03 seats are famous for their comfort and support. However, the bolster does dig in to me a bit on VERY long trips. Not like its not padded, its just in the way. I'm not as large of an individual as you either.

i know for a fact that if the seat just has more padding on the bottom bolster it would be fine,

lol i'm not trying to make it sound like i'm fat, but i am just not slender lets say ( great... all that working out and now i cant sit in a car. damnit! lol )

well i'll give it a shot, but i guess i'll have to keep other things in mind then

thanks for the input!

Ewwww.... Myspace.

I though the WRX seats were way too wide.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    i know for a fact that if the seat just has more padding on the bottom bolster it would be fine,

lol i'm not trying to make it sound like i'm fat, but i am just not slender lets say ( great... all that working out and now i cant sit in a car. damnit! lol )

well i'll give it a shot, but i guess i'll have to keep other things in mind then

thanks for the input!
    Oh I'm really sorry - I was just trying not to make myself sound all spindely.

I have heard that the seats in the 02 and 03 are actually somewhat "thinner" or more supportive than 04-06,

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Oh I'm really sorry - I was just trying not to make myself sound all spindely.

lol no worries, i think i just read it wrong. ( i'm not insecure! no no. i'm not! i promise )

Ewwww.... Myspace.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    lol i'm not trying to make it sound like i'm fat, but i am just not slender lets say
    I am around your size- 6'2" and 285lbs. The bugeye seats are the single best seat I've ever had the pleasure of encountering. I worked for a BMW dealer for a while, and I'd take my 02's seats over anything they made(prior to 2002).
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I have an 04, and my friend has an 03. His are soooo much more comfortable. We've actually talked about trading, becuase he wants the updated look and I want the comfort. I just can't see it being good for resale value down the road.
    NEW!! 09 WRX 5-door Black Base
    Old - 2006 Geep GC Hemi
    Older - 06 M3 Vert
    Oldest - 04 WRX WRB - cobb stage 2, borla 3" exhaust, erz dp

I'm a bigger guy with an 02, the seats are pretty comfy as long as you take the time to adjust them correctly. Only time I was uncomfortable in them was after driving from Lake Louise to Salt Lake City (3:30am to 9:30 pm is too long in a car behind the wheel.)
    Bugeye Mafia #63

i appreciate the honesty guys.

I really want to stay in the subie community and get another wrx, but to be realistic, i might need to get something along the lines of say a scion xb.

my insurance is just so bad right now... i need to let it cool off for a couple years, at least till im 25.

i have found one 03 bug-eye for $10.2k with low miles, so i'm gonna look into that. but.. i dunno, we'll see.

I need to sell both my cars first before i even consider any of this stuff lol

Ewwww.... Myspace.

I Support ClubWRX
    The 02/03 seats are the least "sport" looking but are in fact more supportive than the later seats.

Actually, the 02/03 seats were often stated to be wider and built for "Americans" compared to the tighter seats found on Euro, Japan and other market Imprezas. They are however decently high bolster.

The 04 onwards became lower profile in bolstering and side support and the height crank lost adjustment range(the 02 go much lower for you taller guys)

For some bigger guys, I remember some people had done some modding by cutting part of the welding and redoing the thigh support.

Interesting thoughts on seat comfort... I just traded in my 98 Legacy GT for an 03 WRX and am having to get used to less comfortable seats...

The legacy seemed to be "cushier" and the seat fabric was definitely nicer in quality... being the GT, it was the "luxury" model right below leather seats (which I don't care for at all).

The seats and lack of a moon roof are the two things I reqret not having in the WRX... the performance, however, makes it all worthwhile!!

Hmmm... does anyone know if Legacy seats will fit into a WRX?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast