Custom Dash? Where to buy?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Custom Dash? Where to buy? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2006 WRX/TR I'm looking for a unit that is either plain black, stock, or carbon that goes in place of ...

Custom Dash? Where to buy?

2006 WRX/TR

I'm looking for a unit that is either plain black, stock, or carbon that goes in place of the radio and over the AC knobs and controls.

I've seen so many that feature button placements, and some that even have the gauges near the radio.

I'm specifically looking for something that will hold my TEIN EDFC, but anything that gets rid of the empty space where my radio was is good enough. If not, I'll just get another CD holder

My question is if anyone has seen these for sale, and if not, if anyone has connections to a fabricator.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So you want to lose the radio and hvac to put an edfc in it's place? Sounds like a race car. I'd at least keep the heat.
    NEW!! 09 WRX 5-door Black Base
    Old - 2006 Geep GC Hemi
    Older - 06 M3 Vert
    Oldest - 04 WRX WRB - cobb stage 2, borla 3" exhaust, erz dp

The radio and speakers are already out, and I'm not taking out the AC... yet. But everything else in the dash is still functional, I just can't find anyone who makes a piece that goes in place of the trim that's around the radio, therby deleting the empty space created by doing so.

Somthing like this except no monitor.
    http://www.subiegal.com/gallerymain/...n-dash-pod.jpg

cant you just buy the din pocket from subarugenuine parts. It matches the silver and flips down.

That's not a half bad option. I'll look into that. I wasn't aware that would be applicable, but seeing as how all DIN slots are mostly the same specs, it makes sense. Thanks for the idea.

I'll see if I can get it through my dealer when I pick up my " i " logo I got

im sure you can dude. Although its the "Forrestor" DIN pocket, it fits the wrx. Matches perfectly too

They said the inside of the pocket doesn't match the black in the dash, but it doesn't matter I'll have it closed most of the time. I'm thinking about keeping my WRX style empty DIN pocket for my EDFC and getting the fold down for cell phone and papers. Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.